Help Create a NEW "Cruising on Royal Caribbean FAQ"

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering what photographic ID would be acceptable for a child other than a passport. The advice when off the boat at ports is to leave passports on ship and take photographic ID such as a driving licence which is fine for my husband and I but obviously our 6 year old doesn't drive! Is there any recommended photographic ID for children or would we just take his passport?

Many thanks,

Linda

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering what photographic ID would be acceptable for a child other than a passport. The advice when off the boat at ports is to leave passports on ship and take photographic ID such as a driving licence which is fine for my husband and I but obviously our 6 year old doesn't drive! Is there any recommended photographic ID for children or would we just take his passport?

Many thanks,

Linda

If you have the passport card for your child, it works great, otherwise, dont worry about it. Your kid is with you. Their picture is embedded in their keycard.

We have a passport and card for our daughter (since she was 4) and for all of us so we just take our keyboards and passport cards with us and leave our passport books on board. Before the cards, I used to keep photocopies of our books with us.

I've only been asked once for my ID to enter the boarding area, I believe. I think it was Bermuda? Maybe Jamaica? No biggie. It was more to prevent locals from entering.

Safe and happy travels!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

If you have the passport card for your child, it works great, otherwise, dont worry about it. Your kid is with you. Their picture is embedded in their keycard.

We have a passport and card for our daughter (since she was 4) and for all of us so we just take our keyboards and passport cards with us and leave our passport books on board. Before the cards, I used to keep photocopies of our books with us.

I've only been asked once for my ID to enter the boarding area, I believe. I think it was Bermuda? Maybe Jamaica? No biggie. It was more to prevent locals from entering.

Safe and happy travels!

Thank you. What are the passport cards - I've never heard of those? I could take photocopies, never actually though of that either! Novice here!!

Thank you. What are the passport cards - I've never heard of those? I could take photocopies, never actually though of that either! Novice here!!
You can get passport cards at the same time as getting a passport. Some get those instead of a full book. They generally are not used for international airline travel but work fine for us closed loop cruises and driving to Canada and Mexico.

Kid passports and passport cards are only good for 5 years if issued before they turn 16.

Thanks everyone. I had a look at passports, I don't remember it being an option when I got his. The passport website doesn't seem to do ID type cards anymore after 2011 - not sure if that's the same thing or not. We're in the UK so it may be different to elsewhere. I might be better just taking his passport and making sure I don't lose it!! We do have ehic cards so will also take them too.

We're all looking forward to it so much, it's our first cruise so we'll know what to do next time - 11 weeks to go!

Thanks everyone. I had a look at passports, I don't remember it being an option when I got his. The passport website doesn't seem to do ID type cards anymore after 2011 - not sure if that's the same thing or not. We're in the UK so it may be different to elsewhere. I might be better just taking his passport and making sure I don't lose it!! We do have ehic cards so will also take them too.

We're all looking forward to it so much, it's our first cruise so we'll know what to do next time - 11 weeks to go!

Oh. I didn't realize you were not USA. The cards are for US only.

Just take a photocopy of his passport if you just want to be safe while ashore. Leave the books in the safe on the ship. [emoji4]

Have a great trip!!

How are people sending cases of water thru with a luggage tag? I was going to put as case in a suitcase - do you think that would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I saw a Facebook post with numerous photos of cases of water with luggage tags that had already passed thru and been delivered to rooms! I was amazed as I hadn't been aware of being able to do this. And I mean almost everyone that responded had done it in some way, shape, or form. :cool:

We cruised in November and brought a case of water with us. We just taped on a luggage tag and it was delivered to our cabin!

How are people sending cases of water thru with a luggage tag? I was going to put as case in a suitcase - do you think that would work?

We’re off on our 1st cruise on AOS. We have cabin #7690 I’m wondering if this will be a squeeze for 2 adults and a teen, should I see if we can get a larger cabin?! I’m a bit anxious about spending a week in the same cabin as my stepdaughter, I like my space and as much as I love her she’s a huge space invader..is it a decent cabin?

We’re off on our 1st cruise on AOS. We have cabin #7690 I’m wondering if this will be a squeeze for 2 adults and a teen, should I see if we can get a larger cabin?! I’m a bit anxious about spending a week in the same cabin as my stepdaughter, I like my space and as much as I love her she’s a huge space invader..is it a decent cabin?

Adventure 7690 is an aft balcony. Your balcony should be good size but any cabin is going to be tight short of the top of the line suites. We travel with our daughter. We select balconies that have a berth. We have found that it confines her "space." The berth is left down so she can get up there to stay in her area (albeit tight). You do have the balcony to get away from each other.

Other than at night, we generally, dont spend a whole lot of time in our cabin.

We do find that keeping things organized helps with the space confines. My daughter has learned that she can't leave all of her crap/stuff/clothes wherever she wants. It is a good prep for college dorm prep[emoji4]

Hello everyone,

I have a simple question, and I really only want a straight forward answer, I cant seem to find the answer I'm looking for, anywhere, but here it is, Do owners suites on Adventures of the sea have jets in their bathtubs? I book one, OS 1308 and from Youtube, and pictures online it looks like they do, but I called royal Caribbean and they don't even know.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just an update...I was just on the Freedom with my sisters. We had 2 cabins and the new policy is if one person gets a drink package then all in the same cabin must also get one. One of my sisters cannot drink but had to get a drink package anyway.

Yes, they've started doing so, late last year or early this year. This is to stop people from sharing drinks as there is an alarming rate of people doing that. Such a shame for us people who follow the rules by the book. When we cruised on Ovation last Feb, we have to ring RCI to book our drinks package as the website will only give one option of drinks package for me and my partner. My partner usually gets the Premium Package and I get the Royal Replenish. We rang and they could see from our cruise history we always book the same drinks packages. I don't drink alcohol, but love my coffees and teas. According to the person we talked to, if one person in the cabin is getting a drinks package (with alcoholic beverages), the other person should at least get the Royal Replenish, and you have to ring now for you to be able to book different drinks packages in the same cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this post will get read by the host, but here goes anyway.

I have not sailed Royal Caribbean in years so clicked on this thread hoping to get some info. Was dismayed to see it was started 8 years ago. I travel Celebrity a lot so by association I know there have been lots of changes, but I am not clear on what they are. I understand there is no way to keep absolutely current with all the changes minute to minute, but wouldn't it be helpful to start a new thread? I don't even know where to begin to read up about the cruise line. Obviously most of 2018 would still be valid, but where do I start?? These threads are great, but they should have an expiration date IMHO. Thanks for listening.

• Like 1

I have not sailed Royal Caribbean in years so clicked on this thread hoping to get some info. Was dismayed to see it was started 8 years ago. I travel Celebrity a lot so by association I know there have been lots of changes, but I am not clear on what they are. I understand there is no way to keep absolutely current with all the changes minute to minute, but wouldn't it be helpful to start a new thread? I don't even know where to begin to read up about the cruise line. Obviously most of 2018 would still be valid, but where do I start?? These threads are great, but they should have an expiration date IMHO. Thanks for listening.

posts starting in 2018 begin on page 22

Hello,

Interestingly enough, when I subscribed to this thread myself recently I didn't realize it was started 8 years ago- so thanks!

But to hopefully answer your question somewhat...

1st- are you a Facebook subscriber?

2nd - if so, there is actually a plethora of information to be had there.

We recently sailed aboard the Allure of the Seas [1st time on that ship & on an Oasis Class] and were very interested in some things, and had a few questions. People were truly unbelievable helpful - to the point of posting drink menus, dinner menus and the daily Cruise Compass! Even people that asked, what I would consider to be "common sense" questions, were answered.

So which are you traveling on this time? Royal Caribbean?

And if so, which ship? I can direct you exactly where to head on Facebook :cool::ship:

There are also areas on Cruise Critic for your individual sailing. You go to "Find your Roll Call", Click on Cruise Line, Ship, and month of Sailing. Then find the date of your cruise. You can join the group on here then and be associated with people that are sailing at the same time as yourself. There is also a Meet 'n Mingle associated on Cruise Critic with each sailing when you find your Roll Call. If 25 people sign up, Royal Caribbean will organize one for each group. We had 40 at ours.

Cher

~ ~ ~ ~