ISO Belize shark/rays/snorkel tour...

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all! Looking for recommendations for a Belize shark/rays/snorkel tour. We did one with E-Z Boys 2 years ago, but are open to other suggestions! Thanks for any help!

We used Splash Wave Tours in April. We did Hol Chan and nurse shark swim with a stop at Caye Caulker. We booked their private tour because we were concerned about the time since we were on Carnival and Carnival always stays on ship time. We booked a 7am local time departure. We got one of the first tenders because we were afraid of missing the tour. When we got through the gate their was a representative from the company but they were not expecting us so early. I showed him our reservation and he made some calls. We walked to the boat departure and they told us to sit. And sit we did. We didn't end up boarding our boat until 8:30. I was not happy. While we were sitting there waiting for our boat other people from our ship showed up. They paid less then us because they didn't book the private tour. Which we didn't have to either since we had to wait so long. We were suppose to have a 6 hour tour but it was more like 5 hours. I didn't feel like we had enough time to snorkel Hol Chan and we were not allowed to go off on our own. We had to stay with our guide. So when she said stop we had to stop when she said this way we had to go that way. After Hol Chan we went to the sharks and we were there only 15 mins and were told we had to go.

So part of it felt very rushed.

As we were leaving Hol Chan we ran into the other group that had to wait long for the other boat. So they ended up being about 30 mins behind us.

• 4 weeks later...

We'll be on the Magic in July and are also considering doing this tour, but I'm unsure of who to book through. Carnival's excursion is of course the priciest and most crowded and rushed sounding. That being said, I feel reassured going through the ship. I've been researching shore excursioneer dot com as well. Sounds less crowded and is definitely less expensive. I'm nervous about tendering to the port, catching another boat and then tendering back on time. Yes, I'm a worrier! Does anyone have any advice they can offer? We have our two teenage kids that want to snorkel A LOT, as do I. Thanks for your help!