Aug. 6, 2016 British Isles on Celebrity

patrickinpv88

• 1 year later...

Congratulations! My husband Jim and I (JOE) are on this cruise. we would love to meet up! We love the Martini bar before dinner because there is always a fun crowd there...straight and gay. For sail away, we like the pool bar. We did our wonderful honey moon on a river boat cruise...that ended up in Amsterdam where we embark for this one. It was also gay pride. Pride is also the week we leave Amsterdam. Amsterdam Pride is really fun and the whole city gets in. Loved it loved it loved it. Only thing was that it was so busy, the bars and restaurants and museums etc were hard to get in. So we opted this time to do Amsterdam post cruise and spend a week in Paris pre-cruise. Wouldn't you know it...the Gay games are in Paris pre-cruise! But that will be fun too. We have been on many gay cruises and I have been on about 5 straight cruises. I have had no problems meeting both gay and straight friends and had great times with both. I meet 2 of my dearest friends about 12 years ago on a straight cruise. I say this because I find FOD can be very boring. So that is not the only way to meet "family." Well sorry for all my yakking on. By the way, we are looking for people interested on private excursions. We have the Scottish Tattoo already booked on our own. I am now looking at bicycling along the Inverness. Any interests? best-Joe

• 2 weeks later...
Congratulations! My husband Jim and I (JOE) are on this cruise. we would love to meet up! We love the Martini bar before dinner because there is always a fun crowd there...straight and gay. For sail away, we like the pool bar. We did our wonderful honey moon on a river boat cruise...that ended up in Amsterdam where we embark for this one. It was also gay pride. Pride is also the week we leave Amsterdam. Amsterdam Pride is really fun and the whole city gets in. Loved it loved it loved it. Only thing was that it was so busy, the bars and restaurants and museums etc were hard to get in. So we opted this time to do Amsterdam post cruise and spend a week in Paris pre-cruise. Wouldn't you know it...the Gay games are in Paris pre-cruise! But that will be fun too. We have been on many gay cruises and I have been on about 5 straight cruises. I have had no problems meeting both gay and straight friends and had great times with both. I meet 2 of my dearest friends about 12 years ago on a straight cruise. I say this because I find FOD can be very boring. So that is not the only way to meet "family." Well sorry for all my yakking on. By the way, we are looking for people interested on private excursions. We have the Scottish Tattoo already booked on our own. I am now looking at bicycling along the Inverness. Any interests? best-Joe

Joe - my partner and I are in this cruise and would be very interested in doing the cycling excursion with you. Let me know what you’ve found out. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

HI sorry I did not respond to this earlier. I made an error in the first post. I though it was current but it was from a year ago! So I thought it was dead. Anyway, the Inverness bike rental is an independent bike shop in the middle of town. I emailed to check on availability and if this was doable from the ship. Got a reply so we are planning on it. We are not reserving the bikes but maybe as we get get close but I don't think this is needed. So sure great to have you join us. I can give you an email address if you want to connect. We prefer walking, hiking, biking. We did book the ship's bike tour in Sark island. We are looking to do other private excursions. Just cost too much on our own. Do you know other's interested? best - Joe

Married couple on our honeymoon, but together 28 years, wondering if any other family members will be on board?

hi we are 4 from Belgium would be great meeting up for me this will be my 34th cruise.

I share the cabin with a friend and another couple will join us for their first cruise.

• 1 month later...
hi we are 4 from Belgium would be great meeting up for me this will be my 34th cruise.

I share the cabin with a friend and another couple will join us for their first cruise.

sounds great. Anyone up for meet at sail away?