Is Windstar a Luxury Line?

drneal

If you're not happy with your purchase, check on getting a refund and book on another cruise or another line.

Windstar has a very loyal repeat customer base. I'm one of those. I don't consider them a luxury line.

I have benefited from lowered prices after booking, however, I've never booked a trip at a price I would complain repeatedly about before sailing. Before our first trip 15 or so years ago, we carefully considered what was offered for the price. Since then, two of my trips had a much higher than normal per diem and I was fine with that. Others I have purchased at a significantly lower price than normal.

If you're not considering rebooking, why not give it a try and report back on your experience afterwards? I'll be interested to hear what you have to say.

I appreciate all the comments.

After following the 7 for 7 specials I see that there are many 7

day cruises for $2,000 and if I were paying $2,000 and not more than 2 X that I would not have thought it as expensive as the Luxury lines.

But at $5,000/person I would have liked beer or wine with dinner.

As I found out the alcohol policy is for 1 bottle per adult for 7 day cruise

(2 for 8 + days) and there is a corkage fee in the dining room.

So after spending $20K for 2 cabins I have to pay to drink

my own wine at dinner.

You can bring two bottles per cabin on initial boarding, but you are also allowed to bring additional bottles on at port stops so it isn't one bottle per adult per cruise.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

"Luxury". What is that? Caviar and champagne? Cashmere blankets and Rolls Royces? One person's luxury is another's slum.

WS offers amazing (I believe) service. The ships are spacious in their own right, food is very good, entertainment is decent and the overall experience is excellent. But that's my opinion.

So the question is "How do YOU define luxury?" What are your expectations. Others have mentioned the price/value ratio, which is a great starting point. On a recent Transatlantic on Star Pride we had a Balcony Suite and paid $1099 per person for 13 nights - less that $100 per person per day - I don't think we could live at home for that! We enjoyed the crossing immensely and have already booked next year (at a higher rate, too!).

Someone referred to not having to cook and clean as being a luxury for them. Ditto!