Viking cruise robes- size?

mk423

Hello!

A quick question as we pack for our Viking Homelands cruise. My husband is a large man- 6 foot 240 pounds. Will the complimentary robes in our stateroom fit him? We went on another line and did not pack robes or coverups to go to sauna or pool and the robes were very small. I would appreciate any help here.

I'm 6'2" and 240. The provided robe did not fit. I asked the cabin Steward if they had larger and could I get one. He made sure my robe was always big enough to fit.:p

That's great info! I'll do that.

• 3 weeks later...

I am 6’-7” and over 300 lbs and while the largest robe on board would close, it did so barely but the big issue was how short it and its sleeves were. We gave the robes to our steward (he said the one we had was the largest available) and put their hangers and the closet space to better use for our properly fitting clothes.

Your mileage may vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it reasonable for a cruise line to stock robes for every size possibility? Surely, if you have problems buying clothes to fit on the High Street you should perhaps take your own robe with you.

If this advice was meant for me, I have no issue with them not having a tone to fit me. Rarely wear them at home, can’t imagine I would on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big guy and on the two ocean cruises with Viking we've been on, the robes have always fit very well. Maybe I was lucky with the size that was already in the room, I don't know. But by all means, if it doesn't fit, ask for a larger size.

And while on the subject, the robes found in the room were a 10 out of 10 in my book. I joked with my wife while packing to disembark from our last cruise that one of these robes might 'accidentally' end up in my suitcase ;-)

The robes in the spa area are not the same. They are thicker and have a different cut. They are fine, but IMO not the caliber of the robes in the cabins.

Cabin robes are so perfect for enjoying a morning coffee, late afternoon cocktail before dressing for dinner, late evening star gazing on the veranda!!!!

Hello!

A quick question as we pack for our Viking Homelands cruise. My husband is a large man- 6 foot 240 pounds. Will the complimentary robes in our stateroom fit him? We went on another line and did not pack robes or coverups to go to sauna or pool and the robes were very small. I would appreciate any help here.

Heading to the spa? There are locker rooms, with showers etc., in the spa.