Convince me to spend my cash!!

I have some big expenses over the next 6 months and was planning on staying in Melbourne over the December holidays.

I have managed to get a quote for a cruise on Explorer to South Pacific over Christmas (18th December sailing for 11 nights) and it seems like a pretty good deal. $8488 for 2 cabins (1 balcony and 1 interior) including taxes, tips etc plus US$150 in OBC ($50 for interior cabin and $100 for balcony cabin).

That price also includes the $350 approx full travel insurance.

The only negative is that the deposit of $800 is NON refundable.

So I need convincing to spend the money and book this, knowing that once I am in I dont have the usual "cooling off" period to decide if I want to go/can afford to go

Convince me folks!!!

I have some big expenses over the next 6 months and was planning on staying in Melbourne over the December holidays.

I have managed to get a quote for a cruise on Explorer to South Pacific over Christmas (18th December sailing for 11 nights) and it seems like a pretty good deal. $8488 for 2 cabins (1 balcony and 1 interior) including taxes, tips etc plus US$150 in OBC ($50 for interior cabin and $100 for balcony cabin).

That price also includes the $350 approx full travel insurance.

The only negative is that the deposit of $800 is NON refundable.

So I need convincing to spend the money and book this, knowing that once I am in I dont have the usual "cooling off" period to decide if I want to go/can afford to go

Convince me folks!!!

Which explorer?

Actually seems a bit expensive to me. That’s about $750 a night.

It's over Christmas, which is always expensive.

Checked the 3/4 rates and they're very high, for same reason, lots of family bookings will take those.

It's hard to say. It's not cheap, but then those cruises over Christmas aren't going to be having big discounts, and at only 7 months out it's not likely to fall in price over that time.

The only thing I can suggest is that inside and ocean view price is very close to balcony, i.e. only $200 more total to upgrade to oceanview, and if you're a higher tier C&A member, upgrading to a balcony may work out cheaper for the discount, or at least around the same.

OK. Don't do it!

Why book now? The price is nothing to write home about. The cruise is still 7 months away. It's unlikely to sell out any time soon.

Wait and watch.

If they're committed to it though, not a lot of point waiting. Price is unlikely to fall much, and all that will happen is more cabins get booked. As they want two, presumably beside each other, better not to wait and wind up with the dregs.

As it’s a Christmas cruise and over school holidays, surely prices are unlikely to fall?

I’d say go for it! We’re booked on that cruise, maybe we’ll see you onboard![emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well this thread didn’t go as planned!

:'):')You so right. Those were not the answers I was hoping to get, so I took it upon my self to just make the booking. :cool:

I researched land based holidays in various locations and this seemed to be good value for me.

Cant wait to be back on Explorer of the Seas for my second time.