One day at Disney world on the cruise. Where to dine?

chaserdog53

My wife and I are going to canaveral for the day on a cruise out of nyc. Since we will be there for just one day, if you had to pick any place to make reservations, to eat in any of the parks that day. What would you pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I are going to canaveral for the day on a cruise out of nyc. Since we will be there for just one day, if you had to pick any place to make reservations, to eat in any of the parks that day. What would you pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With only one day there, I'd opt for a fairly quick service place.

Sci-Fi Dine In or ABC Commissary in Hollywood Studios.

Pecos Bill Tall Tale or Pinocchio Village Haus in Magic Kingdom

Liberty Inn or Rose & Crown Pub in EPCOT World Showcase

I trust you are paying for it (not DCL). If so, I'd grab a quick serve meal and enjoy my time in the parks.

For quality of food, one of my favorite places is The Wave in the Contemporary. But I wouldn't do that if my stay was limited to one day. I'd max my park time!

Agree with the others...one day on a cruise stop isn't a whole lot of time in the parks. Why spend all that money on admission to sit in a restaurant?

Well, they're not really paying for the admission, it's included in the cruise fare on the NYC cruises.

It would depend what park and what food you want. If you're not foodies, I'd get the fastest counter service you could find and get along with enjoying the park. If you are foodies, and value food as much as rides, then it will depend on the park you want to do. I definitely would not park hop with one day, just to eat at a certain restaurant. Too much time wasted in transportation.

My choices for each park -

AK - Yak and Yeti (their counter service is my favorite also)

Epcot - Germany's Biergarten, Japan's Tepan Edo, Morocco's Spice World Table, for counter service - France, Morocco, Japan, China, or The Land (huge selection, including lots of healthy options)

MK - Columbia Harbor House, which is counter service. I consider MK a foodie wasteland. I don't love any of the sit down food enough to want to spend my time there. It is too crowded and overpriced for what you get. The exception would be if you want a character meal, then just accept the crowds and mediocre food and enjoy the characters.

HS - Prime Time Cafe, which is fun though the food is very "American." I don't like Sci-Fi's food enough to sit thru the time it takes. The Brown Derby is good, but not enough to justify the cost IMHO. I've not found a standout counter service there.

Regarding EPCOT, depending on the time of year, it may be during one of the festivals (Food & Wine, Flower & Garden or Arts festival) which gives you a load of food choices with the food booths around the World Showcase.

• 2 weeks later...

AK — Yak and Yeti

HS — Sci Fi for the atmosphere and good burgers and shakes

MK — Liberty Tree Tavern is our favorite. Lunch has more options.

Epcot— Teppan Edo, Tokyo Dining, plus a lot of other good choices.

I actually think if you plan to spend the whole day in the park(s), sitting and resting for an hour or 90 mins to recover is a good plan!!

Ps — hi Gometros!

AK — Yak and Yeti

HS — Sci Fi for the atmosphere and good burgers and shakes

MK — Liberty Tree Tavern is our favorite. Lunch has more options.

Epcot— Teppan Edo, Tokyo Dining, plus a lot of other good choices.

I actually think if you plan to spend the whole day in the park(s), sitting and resting for an hour or 90 mins to recover is a good plan!!

Ps — hi Gometros!

Hi! Fancy meeting you here :D

I'm firmly in the quick service camp. We tour until we drop and spend minimal time eating. But you asked so here are my "must do's", not necessarily all meals or sit down experiences:

MK - fav snack = Fresh Fruit Nutella Waffle at Sleepy Hollow.

quick serve = Columbia Harbor House

sit down = The Plaza

EP - sit down = Rose & Crown or Via Napoli

fav snack = fish & chips in England

fav stop = La Cava de Tequila!

HS - the carrot cake cookie now found at Trolley Car Cafe. that is all

AK - quick serve = flame tree BBQ. Can't beat the view from the outdoor tables.

sit down = Tusker House is pretty good if you like African inspired dishes

I would suggest if you do want a sit down restaurant, make reservations. There rarely is any walk up service at the sit down restaurants. I would agree on the Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom. We did like the Sci Fi drive in because it was so different and fun, we thought the burgers were great.

When I did the one day in the parks on my Port Canaveral Day (and even when I go for one day at the beginning of cruises), I always choose to go to Magic Kingdom and eat at Liberty Tree Tavern for a late lunch. I spend the whole day on the go, so I find Liberty Tree Tavern to be the perfect place for a break. I also like not having to wait in line at the quick service places and looking for a table.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's a long day, so when we did this cruise last November, we decided to have lunch at a sit down restaurant, Skipper Canteen, at 2pm. Worked out very well, it was a nice break in the middle of our day.

You should make reservations 180 days in advance, if possible.

You must go to Skipper's Canteen in the Magic Kingdom. It is my new favorite inside the parks. It is a sit down place, but the service was quick.

One other thing to keep in mind-- on your WDW day, Cabanas is open for dinner at 10pm. It was a godsend for us because we only had a snack at our normal dinner time since we were so busy at the parks.