The water shoe problem...help

racetech

Im a man looking for a good water shoe as I really have never owned a pair. Ill be cruising the bahamas and want something I will be comfortable it. Basically if I want to wear it to the pool or around the cruise ship I want it to work. But I also want to be able to go on excursions with them. To the beach, on atv rides, hikes, etc.....And I prefer to not wear socks with them so something that works with no socks. I like the look of the Merrell water shoes and sandals but with so many brands and prices i need some sugestions, thanks. Oh and lets be reasonable and stay under 100 lol

I have Keen sandals that are waterproof and I use them in the ocean and to walk around on the ship and on excursions. Very well made and comfortable. Price is around the $100 mark. (I love them - have 3 pairs)

My husband loves his Merrells (he has several pairs - I can't remember the model name of the water version) He will wear them barefoot when doing water stuff, but he'll throw on socks if he's wearing them for a day long walk about. And yes, it looks dorky, but he's most comfortable and doesn't get blisters ;-) I prefer a water/walking sandal but he doesn't find them as comfortable. He's owned tevas in the past but prefers the sandal with a covered toe and Teva hasn't offered that in a few years. And yes, Keen does but Keen sandals don't fit either of us well. Alas

My husband swears by his Keens. He has full sandals & slides. He liked the fact that they have rubber protecting his toes. DSW & Sierra Trading has them at $60-75

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Best to wear water shoes when you are actually going to be IN THE WATER. (y)

I think the idea is to have something that handles water as well as terain and sand and concrete or whatever else you wanna walk on. Not just for a cruise but for kayaking or fishing or any water sport where you may be in and out of the water a lot. No one wants to stop and change shoes each time lol

I bought a pair of Soloman for a cruise that could get wet, but laced up like a tennis shoe so you could wear a sock with it if needed.

Did you wear them without socks at all and was it comfortable to do so?

I bought a pair of Soloman for a cruise that could get wet, but laced up like a tennis shoe so you could wear a sock with it if needed.

Did you wear them without socks at all and was it comfortable to do so?

That's what my husband's Merrells are like - I guess I wasn't clear so I'll find a photo ;-) He prefers to wear them with socks. I think it looks a little dorky but found him some low/ankle socks that we can compromise on ;-)

I think his are most like this (but, as they're a few years old, don't look exactly like this - his have more open between the crosses, more open than a mesh....) https://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Waterpro-Maipo-Watersport-Shoes/dp/B01N43L6MF/ref=sr_1_8?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1521747969&sr=1-8&nodeID=679304011&psd=1&refinements=p_89%3AMerrell

That's what my husband's Merrells are like - I guess I wasn't clear so I'll find a photo ;-) He prefers to wear them with socks. I think it looks a little dorky but found him some low/ankle socks that we can compromise on ;-)

I think his are most like this (but, as they're a few years old, don't look exactly like this - his have more open between the crosses, more open than a mesh....) https://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Waterpro-Maipo-Watersport-Shoes/dp/B01N43L6MF/ref=sr_1_8?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1521747969&sr=1-8&nodeID=679304011&psd=1&refinements=p_89%3AMerrell

I was actually just looking at merrell shoes, and really like these, and they have great reviews. The ones you referenced are nice also! Think Im going to go with Merrell based on performance and great reviews. http://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Blaze-Sieve-Water-Black/dp/B00KZOCXQA/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

My husband has been really happy with all the Merrells he's owned over the years. He prefers the lace-up options, though, and won't buy the elastic clasp like that. So picky ;-)

I used to love Merrells, but a few years back they changed their last and most of the models don't fit me well anymore - the arch hits my foot at a bad spot :-(

Keens, are the way to go. They have an antibacterial component that cuts down on any stink after they get wet too!

countdown.pl?image=panamacanal&name=MelHatlan&date=4-14-2018&text=I%20just%20can

Im a man looking for a good water shoe as I really have never owned a pair. Ill be cruising the bahamas and want something I will be comfortable it. Basically if I want to wear it to the pool or around the cruise ship I want it to work. But I also want to be able to go on excursions with them. To the beach, on atv rides, hikes, etc.....And I prefer to not wear socks with them so something that works with no socks. I like the look of the Merrell water shoes and sandals but with so many brands and prices i need some sugestions, thanks. Oh and lets be reasonable and stay under 100 lol

• 1 month later...
You can also look at Vibrams, they're toe shoes and made for mimicking barefoot walking. Super comfortable and safe in and out of the water and even for hiking or mountain climbing.

Have you used these for hiking yourself? I've been looking at them and I haven't decided if I want to get a pair. :) Are you talking about the water version or the regular "shoes"? I've seen both but heard that both can get wet really.