How to Spend Disembark Day in Rio De Janeiro?

berry22192

Many flights from Rio to the States do not leave until 10 p.m. or so, though we'll probably disembark from Sirena in February 2019 by around 9 a.m. What would be the ideal solution for us: find a qualified Rio tour guide who could pick us up from the ship (with all our luggage) and then deliver us later around 7 p.m. to the airport. Suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We had a few extra days in Rio in January 2017. We booked a full day guided tour with Tour Guide Gus (http://tourguidegus.com/) and a private driver. I know he also does disembarkation day tours. His English is excellent (he was a foreign exchange student in high school and worked frequently in the US for a few years) and his knowledge of and love for Rio is wonderful. Check out his TripAdvisor reviews: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...e_Janeiro.html. This is my sister's review:

"Gus gave us a terrific day in Rio. He knows how to organize the day so that we were efficient in seeing and experiencing the sights, but we were never rushed. His English is terrific and his knowledge of the city is exhaustive. He is very funny, companionable and energetic. Highly recommended!"

• 2 weeks later...

I will second using Gus as your tour guide! We just used him in early May when we disembarked in Rio. I'm sure he could put together a one day tour in addition to picking you up at the cruise terminal and then dropping you at the airport. I would contact him early as he books up fast!