Marriott near Cape Liberty?

big al

Hi all-- I will doing a RCI Canada/ NE cruise next year and would like to stay at a Marriott, since I am a Marriott rewards member & can use points... I was looking at the Residence Inn, which I prefer over the Courtyards or Fairfield Inns..I would consider a regular Marriott, too...thoughts? Also, when we get off, how much for a cab or Uber from the port to Newark Airport? Thanks!

Hi all-- I will doing a RCI Canada/ NE cruise next year and would like to stay at a Marriott, since I am a Marriott rewards member & can use points... I was looking at the Residence Inn, which I prefer over the Courtyards or Fairfield Inns..I would consider a regular Marriott, too...thoughts? Also, when we get off, how much for a cab or Uber from the port to Newark Airport? Thanks!

Residence Inn is near Jersey Gardens Mall, which is the only area with restaurant and shopping options at the airport. If you like RI, book the one on International Blvd in Elizabeth, NJ.

Residence Inn is near Jersey Gardens Mall, which is the only area with restaurant and shopping options at the airport. If you like RI, book the one on International Blvd in Elizabeth, NJ.

Thanks..that was the one I was looking at...:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

The Residence inn is very nice, as is the Courtyard opposite.(on International Drive, as 138east said) The full service Marriott at the airport is fine, but a little noisy. You won't hear planes, you'll hear people. No food options other than the hotel, at least not close.

The CY, Springhill and Faifield that are on Rte 1/9 are a pain in the arse to get to and there is NOTHING around to eat.

I an a huge Marriott fan, Platinum for life BUT last time I sailed from Cape Liberty which was in January, I stayed at the Embassy Suites (adjacent to the above Res Inn and CY by Jersey Gardens)...it's lovely. Their happy hour is a little different due to NJ liquor laws, they give you 2 tickets for free drinks, then you can buy more house drinks for like 2 bucks each, or pay more for better ones!

No. You would have to cab or Uber to a liquor store in Elizabeth, NJ.

Or ask your cab/uber/lyft to stop at the liquor store that's in the shopping center adjacent to the pier...it's back by the stop n shop.

Jersey Gardens is good for shopping and killing time but LOUSY for cruisers who need wine, suntan lotion, sodas, snacks, etc...there are no stores in the mall that sell that stuff...