Transportation to Horseshoe Bay

catwoman1

There is an express bus that runs from the dockyard to Horseshoe bay often. Tickets can be bought at the information center as you walk off the ship towards the attractions in port. We have used it a few times and works well. You do have to walk down the hill to the beach and back up to the bus on the way out but not a far walk. Enjoy and Happy Cruising

There is an express bus that runs from the dockyard to Horseshoe bay often. Tickets can be bought at the information center as you walk off the ship towards the attractions in port. We have used it a few times and works well. You do have to walk down the hill to the beach and back up to the bus on the way out but not a far walk. Enjoy and Happy Cruising

The public Express Buses were discontinued a few years ago. The best way currently are the private minibus shuttle that was mentioned a few posts ago in this thread. They have been charging $7 each way and they drop off and pick up at the bottom of the hill. No need to walk down and back up.

There is also the regular bus - you can get tokens - i believe its $4. However we did that last year and there are so so many stops and it is super crowded with people standing in aisle. I am going the shuttle bus this time around.

Where is the mini bus located? I’ll be on the Escape in a few weeks. Ty

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here is a map of the docks that shows the zones for different transportation. Minibuses to Horseshoe will be in Zone 5. Escape will be docked at Heritage Wharf.

99ae27a5f32265500bc10a052e80b130.jpg

Can you recommend which transportation to use to get to the caverns? I have never been there so very lost. :)

Take the ferry to Hamilton and walk to the bus terminal on Church St. Board a route #s 1,3,10, or 11 bus, As you board, tell the bus driver your destination, You cold take a taxi instead of the bus. There is a taxi stand to the right of the ferry terminal on Front St.

OR

Take the ferry to St George's and walk to the bus stop on York St. Board an inbound route #s 1,3,10, or 11 bus, As you board, tell the bus driver your destination, You cold take a taxi instead of the bus. There may be taxis waiting near the ferry dock otherwise walk to King's Square for one.

My assumption, you'll be visiting Bermuda on a weekday.

SBtS

Mini bus for sure. They are everywhere. You walk out and will find one in minutes. Leaving Horseshoe they are all at the bottom of the hill to being you back.

Are mini-buses serving Hamilton new this year??? I know they serve the Dockyard, but member jdog99 asked how to get to Horseshoe Bay Beach from Hamilton.

SBtS

Are mini-buses serving Hamilton new this year??? I know they serve the Dockyard, but member jdog99 asked how to get to Horseshoe Bay Beach from Hamilton.

SBtS

But the original post asked about Dockyard, and poster "madibeme" could have been answering that question (despite it having been answered weeks ago). We don't know of course, because poster "madibeme" didn't quote the post they were responding to. It's pretty common for people to answer the first post in a thread despite it having been answered hours, days, weeks, months or even years ago. Why? I don't know, but it happens all the time.

• 3 weeks later...
Can I take the bus to Gibbs Lighthouse?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can take the #7 public bus to Lighthouse Road. There is about a quarter mile up hill walk from the bus stop on the South Road. You can also take the #8 that goes on the Middle Road. I didn’t go that way but it looks about the same amount of walking from the bus stop.

If you take the bus there tell the bus driver.