Alaska season is underway

A port cam shot from Juneau , Alaska showing Emerald Princess arriving on the right hand side , while HALs Westerdam and Golden Princess are docked, Great looking weather.

Whose planning an Alaskan cruise?

17_juneau.jpg

I have only done 5 cruises, but Alaska still stands out as my favourite cruise ever.

It was also my shortest unfortunately, but definitely one I plan to do again. Perhaps as a back to back, or even better one out of Seattle and one out of Seward so going to mostly different ports with a week on land in between up in Denali National Park :cool::cool:

Now, off to buy a lotto ticket...

Did Alaska on Carnival Spirit, when she was quite new back in 2006, no waterslides and crazy kids or party animals on board then. Loved Alaska and May was when we went, start of season, not many ships and plenty of ice !!

Highly recommended. I don't double up on cruises very often, but this one I would do again.:cool:

We went last year.... late September. We were one of the last ships thru for the season. Some shops had already shut up at the ports . Everything was on clearance at the shops. Amazing prices as it all had to go!

Wonderfull experience and would do it again.

Did Alaska on Carnival Spirit, when she was quite new back in 2006, no waterslides and crazy kids or party animals on board then. Loved Alaska and May was when we went, start of season, not many ships and plenty of ice !!

Highly recommended. I don't double up on cruises very often, but this one I would do again.:cool:

I was also on one of the early season sailings. The 2nd Northbound cruise from Vancouver on Radiance.

With Alaska it seems the specials are early in the season and then again at the end of the season. If you go too early some of the bays are still iced up ,but there is lots of snow on the mountains and if you go too late all the snow has melted. We went on the second to last sailing of the season and there was not much snow or ice around, in fact it was quite warm.