El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Any cruise is a good cruise (this will be my 35th and I can honestly say I've never had a bad one). We went on the Pacific Explorer last year and loved it so I'm really looking forward to it.

Agreed, it seems that are a lot of people who have not cruised on P&O (at least in the last 5 years) that run it down. They are fun ships and offer cruises that are not necessarily like X or Princess but are still decent cruise experiences. Prices can be great as well.

Agreed, it seems that are a lot of people who have not cruised on P&O (at least in the last 5 years) that run it down. They are fun ships and offer cruises that are not necessarily like X or Princess but are still decent cruise experiences. Prices can be great as well.

I've been on Princess, Holland, RCI, and P&O and maybe I'm not very discriminating, but I find minimal difference between the quality of the experience. I have found them all to be good with occasional slip ups.

If someone looks to find faults, then they will find faults. If they then can't get past those faults and have a good time, then the fault lies with them.

The main difference I find with P&O and the other lines, is that P&O offer great last minute discounts far more often.

Also, they will often have more interesting itineraries, like PNG out of Cairns and Brisbane, that the other lines seem to be loath to risk.

No formal nights on P&O as mentioned, just theme nights. A lot of fun and lots of dancing.:D

Not my cup of tea then, I like a little formality.:halo:

I would like some of you folk to try P&O UK, we have done 4 cruises with them, as formal as Cunard, if you know what I mean, no jacket and tie, no MDR. No jacket and tie after 6pm, no nice lounge for pre dinner drinks. Like chalk and cheese P&O Aus/UK.

I've been on Princess, Holland, RCI, and P&O and maybe I'm not very discriminating, but I find minimal difference between the quality of the experience. I have found them all to be good with occasional slip ups.

If someone looks to find faults, then they will find faults. If they then can't get past those faults and have a good time, then the fault lies with them.

The main difference I find with P&O and the other lines, is that P&O offer great last minute discounts far more often.

Also, they will often have more interesting itineraries, like PNG out of Cairns and Brisbane, that the other lines seem to be loath to risk.

Agreed, I find that if people look to have a bad time, they will find it.

I would like some of you folk to try P&O UK, we have done 4 cruises with them, as formal as Cunard, if you know what I mean, no jacket and tie, no MDR. No jacket and tie after 6pm, no nice lounge for pre dinner drinks. Like chalk and cheese P&O Aus/UK.

I will be cruising P&O Uk later in the year but in any case, I like the variety, sometimes the formality is nice, sometimes the lack of it is also nice.

I will be cruising P&O Uk later in the year but in any case, I like the variety, sometimes the formality is nice, sometimes the lack of it is also nice.

P&O UK are an Excellent cruise line. We have done 3 cruises with them (Brittania, Oceania and Oriana) and would definitely cruise with them again.

Not just in that way. P&O Aus = lively after 8, P&O UK = dead.

There haven't been many specials lately, so here's a bit of an exotic wildcard, for those who it can apply to. It has a couple of requirements:

Conditions:

1) at least 1 pax needs to be a "senior" i.e. over 55

2) Need to book via Celebrity US/US TA.

15 night Panama Canal cruise - Celebrity Infinity - San Diego to Florida - dep 9 Sept 2018 - Visits Mexico, Colombia, Guatemala, Costa Rica.

Int Guarantee USD1096.12 = ~AU$1462 - so under $100/person/night.

As this is a US booking, gratuities are not included so need to be paid additionally.

It's still a few months off so you have time to plan destination, tours, and flights. Another plus is both origin and destination are US, so flight fares can be cheaper.

Non-senior prices are $1668/person, booking locally. This includes gratuities.

From $7,599/person (including flights)

Opera House to Big Ben - Cruise/Stay/Fly - Royal Caribbean International Explorer of the Seas - 29th March 2019

This package consists of four cruises booked back to back to create a longer itinerary, this means you are likely to have to change staterooms for each cruise. The return flight and post cruise stay in London is included, gratuities are included.

29th Mar 2019

Sydney, Australia

31st Mar 2019

Brisbane, Australia

2nd Apr 2019

Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia

4th Apr 2019

Cairns, Australia

7th - 8th Apr 2019

Darwin, Australia, Australia

13th Apr 2019

Singapore, Singapore

14th Apr 2019

Penang, Malaysia

18th Apr 2019

Cochin, India

20th Apr 2019

Bombay (Mumbai), India

23rd -24th Apr 2019

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

30th Apr - 1st Mat 2019

Suez Canal (Passage)

3rd May 2019

Athens (Piraeus), Greece (more information)

5th May 2019

Valletta, Malta

7th May 2019

Barcelona, Spain

8th May 2019

Valencia, Spain

9th May 2019

Cartagena, Spain, Spain

10th May 2019

Gibraltar, Gibraltar

12th May 2019

Gijon, Spain

14th May 2019

Southampton, United Kingdom

14th May 2019

London, United Kingdom (2 night’s accommodation)

16th May 2019

Fly back to Sydney

From $7,599/person (including flights)

Opera House to Big Ben - Cruise/Stay/Fly - Royal Caribbean International Explorer of the Seas - 29th March 2019

This package consists of four cruises booked back to back to create a longer itinerary, this means you are likely to have to change staterooms for each cruise. The return flight and post cruise stay in London is included, gratuities are included.

29th Mar 2019

Sydney, Australia

31st Mar 2019

Brisbane, Australia

2nd Apr 2019

Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia

4th Apr 2019

Cairns, Australia

7th - 8th Apr 2019

Darwin, Australia, Australia

13th Apr 2019

Singapore, Singapore

14th Apr 2019

Penang, Malaysia

18th Apr 2019

Cochin, India

20th Apr 2019

Bombay (Mumbai), India

23rd -24th Apr 2019

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

30th Apr - 1st Mat 2019

Suez Canal (Passage)

3rd May 2019

Athens (Piraeus), Greece (more information)

5th May 2019

Valletta, Malta

7th May 2019

Barcelona, Spain

8th May 2019

Valencia, Spain

9th May 2019

Cartagena, Spain, Spain

10th May 2019

Gibraltar, Gibraltar

12th May 2019

Gijon, Spain

14th May 2019

Southampton, United Kingdom

14th May 2019

London, United Kingdom (2 night’s accommodation)

16th May 2019

Fly back to Sydney

Probably could do it for about a $1000-$2000 less booking through the USA and arranging your own flights etc.

Any one interested in Japan 27th July 19 days diamond princess $1699 guarantee balcony thats $90 pp per nght

I love cruising its just great if you know what I mean

Saw this one last weekend. On of the best offers I have ever seen. Unfortunately, our daughter will be returning from overseas too close to the date. We would have crossed paths at Sydney airport. We need someone to be at home always to mind the substantial menagerie (5 cats, a dog and five chooks).

So tempting but we did a similar cruise to this in 2015 same dates and it was an all time record high for heat and humidity. I love Japan but don't think I would survive the heat.

The year later we went late August and the difference was very noticable.

Great deal, love Japan. Anyone who loves the heat jump onto it.

Oasis of the Seas 14 nights Trans Atlantic. April 21 2019 …. $871 USD pp (includes all taxes and port fees but obviously not grats)

Central Park balcony. + some OBC. Not sure exactly how much.

We already had a Boardwalk balcony booked at a decent rate but have downgraded to this Central Park and save a LOT. Money will be better spent elsewhere.

So tempting but we did a similar cruise to this in 2015 same dates and it was an all time record high for heat and humidity. I love Japan but don't think I would survive the heat.

The year later we went late August and the difference was very noticable.

Great deal, love Japan. Anyone who loves the heat jump onto it.

Good to know this Tara Jane. I do not go at all well in the heat,so glad we didn’t make the jump on this one. I’m now wondering whether the heat is the reason for it being such a bargain.

Most likely Blue Elephant, but for anyone who can handle heat and humidity its a great cruise. Plenty to do out of Yokohama so wouldnt be an issue for me to have so many stops there. Also the festival at Aomori. Loved it, was so incredible to see thousands of people many dressed in their yukata ie summer less formal kimino. No rubbish bins in sight and not a single piece of rubbish about. They take their trash home to dispose. I couldnt help but compare it to Melbourne's moomba where you are walking through piles of rubbish, cans, bottles etc.

Email returned saying address does not exist and yes I did use underscore ???!!

Sorry. I'm losing the plot. We have been on the Seas and the road since March 26th. Currently awaiting our ferry from Naxos to Athens.

My email doesn't even have an underscore (my yahoo one does LOL)

woody3155 AT gmail DOT COM