when do we get the kids magic bands?

CanuckonaBoat

The easiest place to get the bands is at the kid programming locations after boarding. There is no need to get into the line at the port. On at least some cruises, they are no longer even doing it in the terminal. IF they are set up in the terminal and you have nothing else to do while waiting to board, there is no harm in getting into that line. It is just quicker and easier to do it after boarding.

This past January, our girls got their bands at the main check in desk. It was nice, everything done in one stop. We were on the first bus from MCO and the terminal wasn't busy yet, not sure if they stop when it starts filling up. The hallway/entrance to the OC was packed with people trying to do it on the ship that first day.

Thanks Moki's Mommy and Pezgirlroy. I have found so much information here and wasn't sure about the Magic Bands. Thanks for clearing it up. I will say the Magic Bands at WDW are wonderful, I wonder how long before the ships add this feature.

Thanks Moki's Mommy and Pezgirlroy. I have found so much information here and wasn't sure about the Magic Bands. Thanks for clearing it up. I will say the Magic Bands at WDW are wonderful, I wonder how long before the ships add this feature.

It's been bantered about for years. Using magic bands onboard would work, but, since you need a ship's card to re-enter most port areas when stopped in port, a magic band doesn't cut it. Since the ship still would need to generate a card for use, I don't see that they're going to implement magic bands onboard.

• 2 weeks later...

We just cruised last week. We got the band when we did checkin along with our kttw cards (ie, no separate kids line), then while we were waiting for boarding, someone from the kids club was going around and "locking" them onto kids or you could do that when they were first dropped off at the club.

Just so you know, you don't have to get the bands on the first day. If it's lines everywhere and you're not planning on using the club on the first night don't stress about it. You can register/get a band at any point within the cruise that the kids clubs are open (open house or secured programming). If you don't get it on the first day, just make sure you expect an extra 5 minutes before the first time checking in and you can get it sorted then.

I've had many parents running for the last 10 minutes of 'registration' on the first day thinking that's the only time and they're going to miss it.

• 3 weeks later...
thank you! I really hope we don't have to wait in line in the terminal!

When you’re there at the termjnal, look over at the desk for kids club. If there’s a line and there’s something else you’d rather be doing, wait. If the line is small, get in it. It’s easy. If you’re waiting anyway, might as well wait in a productive line.