How are the Swans doing 2018?

Strange day of results. Port Adelaide beat Gold Coast by plenty in the annual game in China. North Melbourne had a huge win against the Giants in Tasmania. Essendon, who lost to Carlton (equal last at the time) last week, thumped Geelong (equal 3rd) this week. And the Swans had a big win against Fremantle.

Some big upsets or at least unexpected wins this week. West Coast - big win over Richmond, may not have been unexpected but the margin would have been. Brisbane - a big win over Hawks. Melbourne - smashed Carlton by 109 pts after Carlton Essendon last week and to me the biggest upset was my team Essendon beating Geelong, totally unexpected.

Leigh

G'day all,

I am amazed that this thread has remained quiet this week....

Anyways, the Swans played last night and beat the Brisbane Lions

6.13.49 against 10.7.67

cya

BL262000

Yeah I meant to update that result. But forgot all about it.

It wasn't a pretty match, but the Swans did just enough to come away with the win. Lions great effort though - they must be one of the best 1-9 teams of all time. They certainly deserve a better record than that.

Hi mates

happy to see the thread is still going strong. We have been on a 5 week cruise/stay in London but are now back. Trying to get back into the swing of things. I read the Swans have won 4 in a row (including today).

What did Buddy do? Will he get suspended or anything.

I have a lot of catching up to do :D

Go Swans

ML

Swans win (13.13) 91 to (9.7) 61, fairly close except for a big 3rd quarter by the swans to give them a nice lead.:D

Sitting 3rd on the table, at least for tonight anyway.

Really thought the cellar dwellers where going to get them for a while there.

Hi mates

happy to see the thread is still going strong. We have been on a 5 week cruise/stay in London but are now back. Trying to get back into the swing of things. I read the Swans have won 4 in a row (including today).

Go Swans

ML

Glad you’re still following along.

Hi mates

Go Swans

ML

I hope you had a great trip.

They are travelling fine, although some performances have been a bit tighter than they should have been. I didn't see last nights game so not sure what Buddy may or may not have done. He has been out injured for a while so perhaps that is it.

Hi mates

Go Swans

ML

Not aware of him doing anything wrong haven’t heard anything.

Found this line in a match report.

'Carlton defender Sam Rowe was fined $1500 for misconduct against Sydney superstar Lance Franklin'

Ahh, I see, it wasn't Buddy that did it, he was the victim:D

The Swans story I read online made it sound like Buddy did something and they were waiting to see if any action would be taken.

Go Swans

ML

Ahh, I see, it wasn't Buddy that did it, he was the victim:D

The Swans story I read online made it sound like Buddy did something and they were waiting to see if any action would be taken.

Go Swans

ML

He did miss three games due to a bruised heel. Not sure what else has been an issue although there is always speculation. As for the latest incident it was someone fouling against him.

A couple of weeks ago he was involved in 2 incidences. One many thought he was in a lot of trouble for, elbow to the head.

However, the review officer did not cite him.

Buddy? An elbow to the head? No way he would ever do that, must have been someone else :D

Glad he got away, uhh, I mean he wasn't cited ;)

It was a non-decision that has generated a lot of debate, especially as he broke the guy’s jaw.

Video on this page, with a clear slo mo right at the end.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/sydneys-lance-franklin-cleared-by-mro-over-high-shot-on-joel-hamling-ng-b88842493z

Well, it does look sort of bad in that video. Thanks for posting the link. Is Hamling Ok now or does he still show symptoms of a concussion?