Coral 19 day Panama Canal questions

Libertarian

Does anyone have a link to a review of the 19 day Panal canal cruise on the Coral?I put it in the search bar but nothing came up.

Click on the Coral link on the right side of the postings (does not show on tablet or phone I think, PC only).

There are some reviews of the 15 day and lots more tidbit of info.

Theo

If you are referring to the 19-day round trip Panama Canal cruise from Los Angeles, that itinerary has been on the Island Princess since it was reintroduced in 2016. I believe the November 2018 cruise is the first time this itinerary will be on the Coral (at least since Princess brought the round-trip LA Panama Canal cruises back in 2016).

I did the November 2016 cruise on the Island Princess, and loved the itinerary. Because you are entering the Canal from the Pacific side, you get to see most of the canal (all the way to, but not through the Gatun locks), then return via the same route the next day. It's almost like getting two transits.

I was also on the November 2016 cruise on the Island Princess. Loved the itinerary. Had some great tours in ports I’d never been to.

A very different itinerary and cruise from the 15-day FLL/LA or SF cruise, both of which I’ve also done as the Canal experience is different and there are different ports. Thought it was a great cruise and would do it again.

One thing to be aware of is that there may or may not be tours in the Canal while you’re there. The Canal Port Authority kept changing our arrival and sailing time so the only tour that left the ship was the city and new Canal tour the evening we arrived which I was fortunate to book. All the others were canceled, angering a lot of passengers who expected to be able to get off the ship and tour.

Does anyone have a link to a review of the 19 day Panal canal cruise on the Coral?I put it in the search bar but nothing came up.

We just did the April 9-28 Island Princess Pacific Adventure. I'm right now booking it for next year! As for all the negative reviews of the Island, it was awesome. Biggest disappointment was the cancelled stop in San Juan Del Sur. The political outbreak started 2 days before our arrival. My wife was equally disappointed on our not being unable to go on our tour as well as one of our favorite bartenders miss at his "conjugal visit". We have previously visited here, but went on a "Mom" tour. We were rerouted to stop at the glamours port of En"chit"nada. Captain said they tried to book PV, but too many ships. Bet we got the lowest costing port! Looking forward to the Coral and 2 entertainment venues. The theater holds 662 guests on the Island and it was always full. Mom had a scooter, so she always had a seat. Wonderful cruise, if you have any questions fire away. One of the fellow cruisers is posting a "live" notso Live review under the Island Princess tag.

Thank you for your reply.!We are booking the Coral for September 2019 for the 19 day.It will be our 10 year anniversary cruise.Is that the one you are booking?Yes I do have lots of questions.Should I start another thread to ask them?

We plan on doing this cruise again next year.We love sea days. We are absolutely sold on the room we had on the Island, but did miss the Universe Lounge. If you don't like sea days, the Island isn't for you! The cruise director, Callie, was top notch but there's only so much to do on the Island. Ask, and I'll try to answer. Have all the patters somewhere. I travel for a living and normally live out of a suitcase, i'll get back to questions as soon as I can.

I scanned the patters from our 19day Pacific Adventure on the Island last month. Was able to figure out the scanner, but can't get the files to upload here. I'll send them to anyone that knows how to upload them, or just wants them. Home for a few days.

Yehoot2@aol

I scanned the patters from our 19day Pacific Adventure on the Island last month. Was able to figure out the scanner, but can't get the files to upload here. I'll send them to anyone that knows how to upload them, or just wants them. Home for a few days.

Yehoot2@aol

I tried to mail you but your email address was not correct (according to gmail).

Just noticed, the dot com was missing.

Theo

Sent to you, let me know if completed.

I tried to attach the files to a posting but it shows that there is a part of the file missing and it won't download for these boards.

I will keep trying for an other way of posting.

Theo

Yehoot2@aol

Scan the files as a pdf. Create a free Shutterfly account. Upload the files to Shutterfly. You can post here from there. I post pictures sometimes and I merely open the picture on Shutterfly, right click on it and choose "copy file location". then I make my post, click on the yellow box in the menu above, and insert the URL I copied. You could also make an online folio of them and insert a link to the folio. You basically just need to have your files online somewhere.

Thank you my email is llibertarian75218@yahoo.com

ACK! Just so you know putting your address in an online forum is asking for bots to scrape it and put you into a spam database. It's much better to put your address in a format such as: libertarian 75218 at yahoo dot com as bots won't see that as a valid email address but a live person can easily figure out how to put it into email.

• 2 weeks later...

I did this SEP 2017 on the Island. They have ruined that ship with the remodel and the food was absolutely awful. Coral should be better, but food on all ships has gone way down. We had torrential rain for most of the sailing and missed San Juan Del Sur and Costa Rica. There were no excursions while we were in the Canal at Gatun Lake for two days. It was interesting watching them take off the bodies of those that died onboard during the cruise at the canal (3). There was nothing to do on all the sea days. I would not repeat and do not recommend as this is the rainy season.

We just did the April 9-28 Island Princess Pacific Adventure. I'm right now booking it for next year! As for all the negative reviews of the Island, it was awesome. Biggest disappointment was the cancelled stop in San Juan Del Sur. The political outbreak started 2 days before our arrival. My wife was equally disappointed on our not being unable to go on our tour as well as one of our favorite bartenders miss at his "conjugal visit". We have previously visited here, but went on a "Mom" tour. We were rerouted to stop at the glamours port of En"chit"nada. Captain said they tried to book PV, but too many ships. Bet we got the lowest costing port! Looking forward to the Coral and 2 entertainment venues. The theater holds 662 guests on the Island and it was always full. Mom had a scooter, so she always had a seat. Wonderful cruise, if you have any questions fire away. One of the fellow cruisers is posting a "live" notso Live review under the Island Princess tag.

We too were also on that same cruise and totally enjoyed it.

This was the first time DH and I actually got off the ship to Ensenada and were very surprised how much we enjoyed it.

There was something romantic I thought about spending the night in Gatun Lake.

Hubby wants to do it the next time but from east coast to west coast.