Dual Passport Help

namklis

I am a dual passport holder (Canadian and South African) traveling on a cruise to Schengan (Denmark, Finland, Germany) areas and Russia.

I will enter Europe with my Canadian passport as I do no require a visa to enter with that. I will use my South African Passport on the ship as that doesn't require a visa for Russia whereas the Canadian one does. Would this be ok? Would every Schengan port need to see my Canadian passport also or do they not check Schengan visas at every port once you've entered the Eurozone? NCL have stated I can only use 1 passport on board.

Thanks in advance.

For the ship's manifest and all the ports on your cruise, you are South African if you plan to cruise with your South African passport. You can't use your other passport on the cruise since the ship can't have passengers with two different passports on their manifest. That is the same with all cruise lines all over the world.

The immigration officers in the Baltic ports might also look for the Schengen entry stamp and possibly a visa in your South African passport which you don't have since you entered with your Canadian passport. We took the Baltic cruise on a ship with mainly European passengers. They got their passport back, but the ship kept our US passports and we were told for the authorities in the ports. We picked up the passport before St. Petersburg and had to give it back to the ship afterwards. We picked it up again before disembarkation.

Do South Africans need a visa for Schengen countries? If they do, it might be easier to cruise as Canadian and book a tour for St. Petersburg. The tour company will ask for your passport information beforehand and provide you with an excursion voucher that serves as visa. We used TJ as a tour company but there are others and, of course, the tours arranged by the ship. I can recommend TJ, we had an excellent tour guide and a well thought out visit on both days.

Since everybody is on a tour in this Russian port, there were no taxis waiting outside the cruise terminal which is far out of the city. Just in case you were planning to do a tour spontaneously.