Summit Bermuda Cruise

tonyd285

I understand that we are not supposed to bring travel irons onto the ship. Does anyone know if they are provided in our rooms?

No. No clothes irons allowed in passenger staterooms (or travel steamers). You would need to send it out and pay for pressing.

If they find one in your luggage they will hold your bag and call you down to security, have you open your luggage and they will take it and hold it for the length of your cruise. You will get it back at the end. I know from personal experience.

No. No clothes irons allowed in passenger staterooms (or travel steamers). You would need to send it out and pay for pressing.

If they find one in your luggage they will hold your bag and call you down to security, have you open your luggage and they will take it and hold it for the length of your cruise. You will get it back at the end. I know from personal experience.

Unless you are in one of the larger suites (with larger bathrooms) it’s quite easy to run your shower all the way hot for about 2-3 min. The bathrooms in most cabins are so small they steam right up and just leave your clothes hanging in there for 5 min.

Thanks for the review. We'll be on the Summit for the 7/29 sailing, and then again in December. In December, we'll be in 9090. Did you find there was a lot of noise from the pool deck above in 9094? We've never stayed under the deck before (have been in A1 rooms up on 11) and have been wondering.

We always stick to the bottled water - whatever comes with the package.

Thanks again.

Concerning noise on Deck 9 - we heard some noise, mainly music until about 11:PM. Also occasionally furniture moves which could have been from balconies on adjoining cabins rather than the pool area. I'm a heavy sleeper so it didn't bother me but my wife said she heard noise although it was muted.

Concerning noise on Deck 9 - we heard some noise, mainly music until about 11:PM. Also occasionally furniture moves which could have been from balconies on adjoining cabins rather than the pool area. I'm a heavy sleeper so it didn't bother me but my wife said she heard noise although it was muted.

Thank you. Doesn't sound too bad. You were also closer to the elevator and the suite (maybe they were partying in the suite).

Thanks for you review. We board Summit on Sunday but are only in a lowly Ocean View Cabin. Since we have the classic drink package we will make sure we drink only bottled water once we get on board.

We are on the same cruise and in a lowly OV cabin as well.....

Can I ask a question, I keep hearing captan Kate being mentioned on various threads and we sail on the Equinox next year. I’ve been a various cruises over the last 20 years or so and could not tell you who was captain on any of them. What difference does it make who is captaining the ship ?

Can I ask a question, I keep hearing captan Kate being mentioned on various threads and we sail on the Equinox next year. I’ve been a various cruises over the last 20 years or so and could not tell you who was captain on any of them. What difference does it make who is captaining the ship ?

My impression from one sailing with her was that she took an outsized role in terms of passenger interaction. She was almost like a secondary cruise director. Where most captains you see once or twice in 7 days, she was constantly in passenger areas interacting as well as appeared quite a bit even on the TV promoting activities in Bermuda.

What amenities are provided at the Persian Gardens—steam, sauna, pool? Thanks.

The Persian Gardens Area on M-Class ships like the Summit is very different from S-Class ships. There will be a wide heated tile bench where you can relax and ease some tired muscles. If you see any Celebrity photos of Persian Gardens, they will show the individual loungers on the S-Class ships. Some people complain that this difference makes the M-Class PG worthless. I completely disagree. I have no trouble getting comfy and relaxing here - sit on a towel and put a pillow under your head.

Okay, so there's the heated bench, which I have described in way to much detail. You'll will also find a sauna, a steam room and an inhalation room; all of these are nicer than the ones on S-Class ships.

There is no dedicated pool but the Solarium Pool is not far away. There you find the indoor pool, hot tubs and the Spa Cafe.

This is concerning the quality of the drinking water.

My DH and I are sailing on the Summit this July. We plan to get cappuccino and espresso at Al Bacio. Wondering if the “off” taste of the water will affect the coffee if is brewed with the same water that is offered as drinking water.

We usually drink bottled water on a cruise, but also drink ice water served with a room service order and also in the MDR.

From the information in the OP’s post,should we not rely on the drinking water served to us and use bottled water all through the day ?

Hopefully, the drinking water will improve by July so it will not be a concern for us.

This is concerning the quality of the drinking water.

My DH and I are sailing on the Summit this July. We plan to get cappuccino and espresso at Al Bacio. Wondering if the “off” taste of the water will affect the coffee if is brewed with the same water that is offered as drinking water.

We usually drink bottled water on a cruise, but also drink ice water served with a room service order and also in the MDR.

From the information in the OP’s post,should we not rely on the drinking water served to us and use bottled water all through the day ?

Hopefully, the drinking water will improve by July so it will not be a concern for us.

We went to Al Bacio every morning and never noticed an off taste in the coffees.

Laura

The Persian Gardens Area on M-Class ships like the Summit is very different from S-Class ships. There will be a wide heated tile bench where you can relax and ease some tired muscles. If you see any Celebrity photos of Persian Gardens, they will show the individual loungers on the S-Class ships. Some people complain that this difference makes the M-Class PG worthless. I completely disagree. I have no trouble getting comfy and relaxing here - sit on a towel and put a pillow under your head.

Okay, so there's the heated bench, which I have described in way to much detail. You'll will also find a sauna, a steam room and an inhalation room; all of these are nicer than the ones on S-Class ships.

There is no dedicated pool but the Solarium Pool is not far away. There you find the indoor pool, hot tubs and the Spa Cafe.

Great. Thank you!

Yes, just bring the invoice with you because you never know. But personally we have never had a problem. It will be printed on your seapass card.

On our cruise in March, the drink package was missing from our sea pass. We had to go to guest relations to get it straightened out. I had my invoice on my phone. They had to call headquarters in Miami because the information had not been transmitted to the ship. It’s always wise to have proof with you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just returned from a Summit cruise to Bermuda. I was very worried about the water as we did not have a drink package. From my observation there was no odour to the tap water and it was definitely drinkable. What I did notice was that "ice" water poured in the dining room sometimes tasted musty. I have had the same experience at Disney hotels. I believe that sometimes the musty tase is the fault of the ice machines. If you get water from the dispensing machines in the Spa Cafe or Oceanview it is fine.

For the OP who said that she felt unwell after the first few days of drinking the ship water, I often feel a little off the first day or 2 of cruising. Mostly I blame it on a change of diet, eating way more fruit and rich food and drinking more. After a few days your body seems to adjust. I don't believe that switching to bottled water is the answer. When we have had the drink package, I have drunk only bottled water and my stomach takes a few days to adjust to sea life.

For the OP who said that she felt unwell after the first few days of drinking the ship water, I often feel a little off the first day or 2 of cruising. Mostly I blame it on a change of diet, eating way more fruit and rich food and drinking more. After a few days your body seems to adjust. I don't believe that switching to bottled water is the answer. When we have had the drink package, I have drunk only bottled water and my stomach takes a few days to adjust to sea life.

Overall, I agree with you... but on that particular cruise the water WAS bad. I couldn't drink it, either, without feeling "off". If you've ever had soda from a "gun" in a bar or restaurant after they cleaned the system but didn't flush it properly, you know what we're talking about. Only this was 10 times worse.

I'm very glad to hear that the issue seems to have been resolved!!