Drinking straws

tiger-91

OK, buying a thermal cup with lid and straw for our August cruise. I like to drink pina coladas and those types of "frou frou" drinks. What size do you think I should get? It comes in 12, 20 and 32 oz. https://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Human-Insulated-Stainless-Cruisers/dp/B01I09ZXGS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1526415931&sr=8-3&keywords=insulated%2Btumbler%2Bwith%2Bstraw%2Band%2Blid&th=1

OK, buying a thermal cup with lid and straw for our August cruise. I like to drink pina coladas and those types of "frou frou" drinks. What size do you think I should get? It comes in 12, 20 and 32 oz. https://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Human-Insulated-Stainless-Cruisers/dp/B01I09ZXGS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1526415931&sr=8-3&keywords=insulated%2Btumbler%2Bwith%2Bstraw%2Band%2Blid&th=1
I think the cups they use are around the 12oz range so I guess it depends on if you want to order two and throw both in there or not. I have a 32oz for use at my pool and the beach and I probably wouldn't to lug one that size around the ship.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've bought something similar here in the UK that's 500ml size which equates roughly to your 20oz size. I plan to use it for coffee from the Solo Lounge coffee machine in the mornings, then my frozen cocktails later. :)

What a shame!! The poor turtle has a coke problem and we are fighting over plastic straws for 9 pages.:eek::eek:

LOL! Hilarious.

It doesn't even look like a straw in its nose and even if it is, that's the tip of the iceburg. But yes, let's demonize the straws. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

An update:

At the last Japanese port, the ship bought paper straws. Sometimes we get served frozen drinks with plastic straws (using them up?) And sometimes with the paper ones, which surprisingly do not get mushy.

I even left a paper straw overnight in a bedside glass of water and no issues using it the next morning.

An update:

At the last Japanese port, the ship bought paper straws. Sometimes we get served frozen drinks with plastic straws (using them up?) And sometimes with the paper ones, which surprisingly do not get mushy.

I even left a paper straw overnight in a bedside glass of water and no issues using it the next morning.

Sounds like it will last long enough in the water to impale a poor fishy. Sounds like a resounding fail for the environmentalists around us.

Here's the test: if new paper straws that dissolve immediately in sea water but are fine in some frozen concoction are invented, and they cost $0.00000001 more, will "saving the planet" be worth it for NCL?

Royal has switched to by request and princess is trying that on the bars by the pool. NCL is now going to be the only cruise line in compliance with the straw Ban The city of Vancouver has recently introduced going into effect June 1, 2019

Royal and princess still provide straws for frozen drinks and on princess a reusable straw comes with the cup you get with the soda package

On the Dawn last week you could not get a straw even if you asked. We therefore got some at a store and brought them on board. Really, you can't drink a frozen drink without a straw!

Did you lower the DSC by the cost of the straws you had to purchase? No straws is definitely a customer service issue that NCL is causing themselves.;p;p;p

NCL’s plastic straws are bad for the environment so they eliminate them, what about all those plastic drink cups?

What about all those ridiculous flyers they insist on leaving in your cabin everyday? Oops I forgot those flyers might bring some $$$ into ncl pockets so it's not an environmental issue plus they will argue they are recycled.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What about all those ridiculous flyers they insist on leaving in your cabin everyday? Oops I forgot those flyers might bring some $$$ into ncl pockets so it's not an environmental issue plus they will argue they are recycled.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly!!!! Between the art auction personal invites in individual envelopes and spa specials they must use up boatloads of reams of paper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you lower the DSC by the cost of the straws you had to purchase? No straws is definitely a customer service issue that NCL is causing themselves.;p;p;p

LOL.... We didn't purchase them, they came with our food/drink order at a sub shop!! (just took a few extra)

Totally understandable ..these straws hurt the sea life...get over your self people...is it to much trouble to bring a straw you can re use...you people are a disgrace to mankind!

Just for this I'm buying like 2000 straws instead of 200.:halo:

Plastic and paper straws can be recycled.

This is just a ridiculously cheap cost cutting move and could backfire by becoming the poster child for NCL nickel and diming.

Plastic is not recyclable when it lands in the ocean and ingested by marine life or floating around. If people would be responsible in not leaving their trash on the open decks to be blown overboard then this would reduce some of the trash that finds its way in the ocean/sea.

Those of you that bring straws, or any other disposable item, please throw your own trash away instead of leaving it around your chairs for someone else to pick up. :)