Upgrade bidding on Dawn

I’m hoping to get information about cabin upgrade bidding on The Dawn. I believe it’s new and this is our first cruise 🚢 in a few years. We are cruising on August 10th back to our favorite port Bermuda 🤗🤗 for my 50th Birthday and my DD’s 20th 🎂 Thanks and Happy Cruising

Bidding will open on or about May 22. When you log on to your MyNCL account, you should see a home screen that says "Let's Get You Upgraded". You will be allowed to bid for up to two cabin classes above what you are booked in. Inside up to Balcony. Ocean View up to Mini. Balcony up to Suite. The bidding system will give you a minimum bid, maximum bid, and for each cabin glass. Your bid will be rated from "poor" to "excellent". Happy Bidding.

Bidding will open on or about May 22. When you log on to your MyNCL account, you should see a home screen that says "Let's Get You Upgraded". You will be allowed to bid for up to two cabin classes above what you are booked in. Inside up to Balcony. Ocean View up to Mini. Balcony up to Suite. The bidding system will give you a minimum bid, maximum bid, and for each cabin glass. Your bid will be rated from "poor" to "excellent". Happy Bidding.

Thanks so much for the excellent information! That is exciting, does being Platinum increase your chance of getting your bids accepted. I’m excited to give it a try 🤗🤗 Happy Cruising

Thanks so much for the excellent information! That is exciting, does being Platinum increase your chance of getting your bids accepted. I’m excited to give it a try 🤗🤗 Happy Cruising

Unknown. Everyone starts with a room that they have paid a different initial price (e.g., any class of inside can bid on a balcony). And everyone has a different latitudes status. NCL magic occurs and some people are awarded upgrades. If there is a lot of inventory, some sooner. Our last upgrade was 3 days to cruise.

We didn’t get an upgrade email until around 65 days out. Our bid from inside to balcony was accepted 9 days before the cruise IIRC.

Hi, how much you bid? I would like to get your own upgrade, from an inside to a balcony.

Sorry for my english��

Hi, how much you bid? I would like to get your own upgrade, from an inside to a balcony.

Sorry for my english��

wouldn't we all? We have never gotten an upgrade, and usually hope for one when we decide to go cheap and book outside. I don't think there is any rule as to how much you should bid to get the upgrade. I have heard of people who have bid just the min and gotten it, others who have gone high and still not won the bid.

Sorry for my english��

We bid $150 pp. I don’t know where that was on the scale though, good, fair or poor. That was as high as we were willing to go so we just took a shot.

Thanks to all for offering some great info here....instead of referring everyone to that other thread with 4,600+ posts about upgrading!!!

That's nearly impossible to wade through for info at this point!

Appreciate the original question, and all the replies!! :)

That’s awesome! I’m excited to give it a try

I believe the opportunity to upgrade emails are sent out at the 60-days to departure mark.

We are on Escape this Sunday 5/27 and my three bids are still pending, I've read upgrades can be awarded as late as two days prior to departure.

Good Luck!

Edited by ultramax12

My advice would be to do what we did--bid what you are willing to pay and no more, and then if you get it great, and if you don't, you're still on the cruise and you didn't overpay or pay more than what you were comfortable with. It's a win either way!

That’s awesome! I’m excited to give it a try
I believe the upgrade emails are sent out at the 60-days to departure mark.

We are on Escape this Sunday 5/27 and my three bids are still pending, I've read upgrades can be awarded as late as two days prior to departure. Good Luck!

I’m hoping to get information about cabin upgrade bidding on The Dawn. I believe it’s new and this is our first cruise 🚢 in a few years. We are cruising on August 10th back to our favorite port Bermuda 🤗🤗 for my 50th Birthday and my DD’s 20th 🎂 Thanks and Happy Cruising

We recently did this cruise. I booked a regular balcony and bid to upgrade to an SJ, SF and SD. Our SJ bid was accepted for $370pp. My friend on the same cruise bid $550pp for an SJ and her bid was also accepted. I just picked a price which was about half of what it would have been just to upgrade on my own. It was an exciting wait. I was checking my bids on Monday (Friday sail date), two said expired and the SJ said processing. So the bid was accepted on a Monday, 4 days prior. Happy Birthday and good luck!

My advice would be to do what we did--bid what you are willing to pay and no more, and then if you get it great, and if you don't, you're still on the cruise and you didn't overpay or pay more than what you were comfortable with. It's a win either way!

Beach,

I agree...Just bid what you can...what you are okay with spending and then just forget about it...and if you get it great...if not...well...just spend the extra money you were gonna use to upgrade on all the beautiful pieces of "priceless" artwork that abounds the ship. You really can get some great deals on all of NCL's original works of art offered on-board.

I attended one of the "world renowned" "highly coveted" art auctions and was surprised by how "dry" the "free" champagne was...i mentioned this to the curator who was seated in his Kiton textured solid two-piece suit in high blue and was told that NCL brings on board some of the finest bottles of champagne that you can get stateside. Word must have gotten out because we were hard pressed to find a seat for this event.

Beach,

I agree...Just bid what you can...what you are okay with spending and then just forget about it...and if you get it great...if not...well...just spend the extra money you were gonna use to upgrade on all the beautiful pieces of "priceless" artwork that abounds the ship. You really can get some great deals on all of NCL's original works of art offered on-board.

I attended one of the "world renowned" "highly coveted" art auctions and was surprised by how "dry" the "free" champagne was...i mentioned this to the curator who was seated in his Kiton textured solid two-piece suit in high blue and was told that NCL brings on board some of the finest bottles of champagne that you can get stateside. Word must have gotten out because we were hard pressed to find a seat for this event.

SARCASM. I like to see that on this board. It gets too serious sometimes.;p;p;p

agree, I am surprised when people bid more than $100 unless they are bidding on the haven or something similar. I do not intend on bidding almost as much as I could have booked the cabin for to begin with. We will bid, on our next cruise once, as you said: take it or leave it, we know we will still have a good time. ;p

We had an interior room and bid $200pp for a balcony. We could have bid on an oceanview, but I didn`t consider that much of an upgrade, and with my luck, I would have gotten obstructed view. I figured out that even with our bid, we are paying $1000.00 leas than we would if we had reserved the balcony in the first place. Plus, we got the drink packages for me and my wife, so that will save us quite a bit. Happy bidding!

I'm confused. When you win a bid, you don't pick up extra fee at sea perks, you stay with your original ones. Are you saying you originally picked the drink package as your perk?

I'm confused. When you win a bid, you don't pick up extra fee at sea perks, you stay with your original ones. Are you saying you originally picked the drink package as your perk?

Yes, we had already picked that perk when we made our reservations. No, we didn`t get any more once we got our bid.