Loyalty levels. I wonder what would happen if...

pathi

Like others have said, I'm not that bothered what colour my card is, I'm just happy to be on a ship. However..... Cunard's card has a coloured edge which denotes what level you are, red being a 'newbie'. When DD progressed from red to silver she was absolutely thrilled because to her it meant that she was now a 'seasoned cruiser'. She now has a few more cruises under her belt and the colour coding is simply that, just a colour.

Nope, I am pretty much one step up from a newbie on the cruise lines I cruise and I wear my lanyard for my benefit, no one else. Don’t always have pockets, like being able to get to it fast even if I do.

And you took my post seriously.:rolleyes::eek:

Would anyone believe once upon a time....there were NO loyalty perks....we sailed one line 10+ times, and the first time or tenth, you had the same "paper" boarding card

When we first started sailing HAL, high number repeaters and those in suites a ll got paper boarding 'tickets'. No special benefits. :) I still have a few of them.

I have seen a lot of posts about loyalty perks lately.(Mostly Princess) With all the gripes I wonder what would happen if a line ran out of all card colors except blue?? Everyone still gets their perks for their loyalty level. But everyone on the ship has a blue card!!

Would the cruise line have to turn the ship around due to riots??? lol

No LOL

what is your point? What does a blue card mean?

I have sailed Princess only about 6 cruises and do not know what you are getting at? Or why?

Are you aware that you are typing in purple? 😊😊😊

:) Yes, my grandnephew did it for me...he said that's his favorite color...still looks black to me. :)

The only times I've actually studied my card is when checking my dinner seating, or on a Thomson cruise, to see how they could tell that I'd bought the drinks package. Other than that, I receive it at check in, and produce it to open the door/buy something... I couldn't begin to tell if I've ever had a coloured card..

:confused:

. Princess also color codes the name tags put next to the cabin doors so you can walk down the corridor and see how many are in what loyalty class...if that is how you want to spend your day :).

Hank

Is this something done recently?

I don’t recall any name tags next to, or on cabin doors...

:confused:

Is this something done recently?

I don’t recall any name tags next to, or on cabin doors...

I've been sailing Princess for 11 years and in that time they've always had name tags on the little mail boxes outside the cabin doors. They are easily removable if you prefer not to have your name displayed.

Name tags have been there as long as we’ve been sailing with Princess I didn’t notice the loyalty stamp till more recently, (maybe 10 years) it may have been there and I not noticed.

My card is on a lanyard around my neck because it's always handy and easy to find, NOT because it's black and I want people around me to recognize my status. Yes, I get the perks that go with the card, but I don't see myself as someone special because of that, and the real reason I am there is there because I love cruising as a way to see the world.

Thanks anyone who can, will explain. :)

I don't even have record of my loyalty number but am sure Princess could give e it to me were I to want it.

We sailed about 50 + days but w ere so dissaisfied our last cruise on Princess, we said we would not sail them again and we did not. Too many mis-steps with no apology and that was that !

Will no one share what a blue card means? A

Black card? :0

Read my post and the link right above your post. Loyalty levels are denoted by the color (blue for newbies, gold, ruby, platinum, and black for elite) of the card.

Read my post and the link right above your post. Loyalty levels are denoted by the color (blue for newbies, gold, ruby, platinum, and black for elite) of the card.

Thank you,