Looking for any Carnival Dream secrets and/or tips you can share!

blissfulgirl

47 days until I sail away on my Dream vacation. We have not been on a seven day cruise since 2013. I have been on three short cruises in the last 2 years. Anyway, I am looking forward to just chilling. We choose not to get Cheers (got bubbles) because we don't want to feel bad the whole cruise. Just my preference. So tips, Bubbles is 60 for the trip and I get a bottle of vodka for 80. $200 for DH and myself. We will order drinks at the Alchemy bar, YUMMY. So our drink bill will be $400 ish.

Plus, what we spend off ship on drinks. Bring an outlet with two or three plugs. Bring more than one swim suit for each person.

More later. Bobbi

• 7 months later...

I have really enjoyed reading all the tips! I have been taking notes! Just curious how much drinks are on the ship? Do they have daily drink specials or is there a bar that is cheaper than others? For those of you with teens, is there a gaming area like for play station/ xbox?

Cost of drinks varies, depending up the drink. A Bloody Mary runs about $8 or so. Take note of a couple of things :

1) all "for pay" drinks (alcohol, soda, specialty coffees. etc) have an automatic 15% tip included in the bill. When they bring the bill for you to sign, there will be a line there for gratuity. Anything you add there (which most people do not) will be in addition to the 15% already included...

2) Some types of drinks (for example, Vodka) have several prices, depending upon the brand of vodka you request. If you do not specify, they will use the most expensive brand and charge you accordingly. Unless you are a "top shelf" type of person, ask for the lowest priced vodka (or whatever)