Escape Freestyle Daily - Bermuda

cb2367

Hopefully this is the best place to post this question.

Does anyone have copies of the Freestyle Dailies from a recent Bermuda cruise? I'm interested in seeing what all the various activities were scheduled throughout the week.

While I'm not sailing until May and while I'm sure that there's likely to be changes, I just wanted to get an idea of what all was happening around the ship.

• 7 months later...
This is the daily for the breakaway and not the escape?

Yes. The Escape has never sailed out of New York to Bermuda. It is the Breakaway’s normal itinerary. The Breakaway is going back to Germany for dry dock so Escape will take her place in April.

oh ok. I was on the Breakaway last year and taking the Escape to Bermuda in May. Not too much info yet on that intinerary but I am guessing it will be very similar to the Breakaways

Edited by Mouille
typo

• 1 month later...

I found this on another thread and thought it was great for people who are not familiar with NY to know what they are looking at when we sail off.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2549447

NEW YORK HARBOR HIGHLIGHTS:

For those who have not yet sailed from N.Y. :

One of this trips highlights are the views of the N.Y.C. skyline and N.J. shoreline during the 1 hour journey down the Hudson river and through N.Y. Harbor.

Right from port you will see the USS Intrepid aircraft carrier and Growler submarine. As we pull out, look towards the aft (rear) to see the GeorgeWashington Bridge then on port (left) side the Empire State building and the Chrysler building and the new One57, the tallest, thinnest, richest condo building in the western world. With the 96th floor selling for $95 million it is 150 feet taller than the Empire State building.

Looking ahead port side the new Freedom Tower is in view along with the waterfront 10 story glassWinter Garden Atrium which was the first building to be completely restored after 9/11.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_Garden_Atrium

Once we near the southern tip of Manhattan and Battery park, you want to be on starboard (right) side to see The Central Railroad of New Jersey Terminal, a large brick building with a clock tower on the Jersey shoreline. Now a historic site, it was once home to the B & O, Reading, and Pennsylvania RR companies. This will be just passed the tall buildings and the Colgate ground clock on the Jersey side. Check out its history.http://njcu.edu/programs/jchistory/P...ages/CRRNJ.htm

Next will be Ellis Island and The Statue of Liberty, the most beautiful and photographed woman in the world, get those cameras ready!

After we pass Lady Liberty and with binoculars you may be able to spot the 9/11 Teardrop Memorial at Harbor View Park, Bayonne N.J. http://www.911monument.com/

Now, for the grand finale, especially if you have kids, get up to the Freestyle Sundeck (deck 15 on the Gem class or 18 on Breakaway class) for the passage under the Varranzano Narrows Bridge, the longest suspension bridge in the United States boasting 60 ft. longer than the Golden Gate Bridge and our gateway to the Atlantic ocean.

Last notable site past the bridge is the famous Coney Island amusement park and boardwalk, home to the original cyclone roller coaster and the fourth of July's Nathans hot dog eating contest. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Bumping this up since she is now sailing to Bermuda. :)

The Escape is still NOT sailing to Bermuda. She is currently in Grand Cayman today. We sitting on the Waterfront right now enjoying a drink. She returns to Miami on Friday and arrives in New York on Sunday for the first Bermuda cruise.

• 3 weeks later...