Changing Cabins

maryland

I booked a cabin yesterday and paid in full even though it's more than 30 days until my cruise. Does anyone know if it's possible to switch cabins without any penalty or cancel our current stateroom and rebook a different one? I tried looking on the celebrity website but couldn't find anything. Thanks

The "general" rule is that after final payment (usually 90 days prior to the cruise) you can change to a different class cabin as long as the new cabin costs at least $1 more than what you paid for your current cabin. I do not know about changing your cabin within the same category...my guess is that if you talk to your TA (or celebrity, if you booked directly with them), they would change your cabin without charge (assuming you are in the US...other geographies have different rules/procedures). You can not cancel without a significant cash penalty....forget that approach.

I had no problems changing to a different cabin after final payment.

Call celebrity or if you booked with a TA, them and indicate your new choice. No charge or change in perks etc.

Your only concern is IMO if you booked with a TA that charges for changes.

If you want to change cabins in the same cat and it is available you should be able to do it.

If you want to upgrade and pay the difference you may be able to do it.

If you just want to cancel you may lose everything

I don’t think that you can transfer as that is almost the same as canceling.

Some TAs also charge a fee for any changes.

Best to call your TA.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The "general" rule is that after final payment (usually 90 days prior to the cruise) you can change to a different class cabin as long as the new cabin costs at least $1 more than what you paid for your current cabin.

Is the "at least $1 more" a written rule by Celebrity? In my experience I have been able to upgrade even when the higher category does not cost more than the price I had already paid. You do not receive any money back or OBC if the price of the upgraded room is now lower than what you paid, but at least sometimes they still permit the upgrade. Seems from reading people's experiences on Cruise Critic it is a bit inconsistent how often they permit this, versus say you must upgrade to a higher priced room. Not sure if there is a hard-and-fast rule or if it is one of those things where there is no consistency and it just depends on who you talk to (like a lot of things with Celebrity). If you know of this rule being published anywhere, would appreciate it if you could provide the link.

After final payment, I switched from a Veranda to a Family Veranda. The Family Veranda was actually cheaper . . . . but I did not get a refund. I also lost 1 of 2 perks, but it was worth it. Having a Family Veranda (Infinity) on the aft going through the Panama Canal was the best!

Both are great cabins. I like 9155 personally because I can stand at the balcony and see forward and back. In 8283, although it has the same size balcony, you can't see forward. But it also depends if you like mid ship or the front. Both have pros, but basically no cons.

enjoy