Carnival Diamond & Milestone question

Hello, I was hoping someone might know the answer for a question I have. I turn Diamond on my September cruise (Yeah!!!) and my October one is my milestone. I see that in benefits it says diamond benefit of either cabin upgrade or 3/4 guests sail free. I have read the milestone you can get 25% off that persons future sailing of choice. Actually I think I have 2 questions now. How does that work for the diamond 3/4 guest? Do the 3/4 guests have to be in same cabin? Also can I book same cruise and use 3/4 guest free and milestone credit for me? I also read on Carnival website that applicable with new sailings only. I wanted to secure a room for next year on Hawaii cruise for birthday but thats the cruise I want to use these benefits for. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Melody

Yes that's why it's 3rd and 4th guests. You would be the 1st and 2nd. All in the same room. As for the the credit it's actually an onboard credit based on 25% of your cruise rate (only your rate) excluding port charges taxes and fees. No clue if you can use them both at the same time.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Forums mobile app

I just did a search on Carnival's website & I don't see anything that would restrict you from using both your Milestone OBC & your Diamond fare discount on the same booking. But I would call customer service to verify this before you book. Congratulations.

I just did a search on Carnival's website & I don't see anything that would restrict you from using both your Milestone OBC & your Diamond fare discount on the same booking. But I would call customer service to verify this before you book. Congratulations.

Yeah I didn't see any restrictions either but you never know. That's why I thought maybe someone on here has done this before and knows answer for sure. I will have to call I guess and ask (but you sometimes get different answers depending on who you talk to on there too lol)Thanks for the Congrats! Been on my bucket list and happy to finally be close to getting it!

Thank you all for help and answers!

Melody

The two programs are independent of each other. Once Diamond, or maybe even now, you can call the Diamond Desk and ask what the process is.

Thanks, I will give them a call after I turn diamond then ( I don't have the diamond number). I will wait on the booking I was looking at for this.

Melody

We used ours for an upgrade from lowest ocean to highest balcony. You should be able to book free 3d,4th and 5th.

When you say highest balcony you talking about aft wrap? We were limited to the type of balcony cabins we could take with diamond upgrade.

After your Milestone cruise, you are allowed 25% of a future cruise cost in onboard credit. It is not 25% off a future cruise. I just earned mine in April, and I applied to have the 25% OBC for my next cruise, in June.

After your Milestone cruise, you are allowed 25% of a future cruise cost in onboard credit. It is not 25% off a future cruise. I just earned mine in April, and I applied to have the 25% OBC for my next cruise, in June.

Best to do it on a longer cruise. We used on for Hawaii and the other for a 14 day relocation cruise

Best to do it on a longer cruise. We used on for Hawaii and the other for a 14 day relocation cruise

That's a good idea. I might break it after all. I do want to use for Hawaii next year and am waiting to book because says new bookings only.

I also am interested in the post about highest balcony cabin and restrictions? So I could book a oceanview room and use upgrade for premium vista wrap? I thought class in class ( like inside to inside ect.)

Thanks everyone for the answers!

Melody

You will be able to apply your 25% OBC on any cruise from number 25 to number 49. If you get a letter about it, (I never got one after cruise 25, cruise 50 or cruise 75). the letter may say it must be redeemed in the next 18 months. In reality, they are very flexible about this. I applied my 75% OBC on my 93rd cruise in September that had already been booked. I phoned the milestone desk and they were very cooperative. I would give you the milestone phone number, but it is on my desk in Florida, and I am now in Copenhagen, Denmark. Congratulations on earning the milestone reward.

That's a good idea. I might break it after all. I do want to use for Hawaii next year and am waiting to book because says new bookings only.

I also am interested in the post about highest balcony cabin and restrictions? So I could book a oceanview room and use upgrade for premium vista wrap? I thought class in class ( like inside to inside ect.)

Thanks everyone for the answers!

Melody

I tried to upgrade to aft wrap and they would not let me. Was limited to extended balcony on the Miracle which might have been maybe 2 foot deeper but not enough room to allow lounge chair.

You will be able to apply your 25% OBC on any cruise from number 25 to number 49. If you get a letter about it, (I never got one after cruise 25, cruise 50 or cruise 75). the letter may say it must be redeemed in the next 18 months. In reality, they are very flexible about this. I applied my 75% OBC on my 93rd cruise in September that had already been booked. I phoned the milestone desk and they were very cooperative. I would give you the milestone phone number, but it is on my desk in Florida, and I am now in Copenhagen, Denmark. Congratulations on earning the milestone reward.

Thank you so much for the info and the congrats on my milestone! I can't even begin to image 93 cruises so Congrats to you! Looks like we are on Breeze transition cruise together.

Melody

I tried to upgrade to aft wrap and they would not let me. Was limited to extended balcony on the Miracle which might have been maybe 2 foot deeper but not enough room to allow lounge chair.

That stinks! Well hopefully I plan out best way to use the upgrade then if we don't use the 3/4 guests. Would have been nice to be able to use for wrap

• 2 weeks later...

Hubby and I reached 25th milestone last year, and were able to apply both today to the Carnival Journeys 15 night Panama Canal cruise in October 2019. Since this is the most expensive cruise we have ever booked, it will be great to have so much OBC.

The Milestone phone number is 877-225-8477.

Hubby and I reached 25th milestone last year, and were able to apply both today to the Carnival Journeys 15 night Panama Canal cruise in October 2019. Since this is the most expensive cruise we have ever booked, it will be great to have so much OBC.

The Milestone phone number is 877-225-8477.

Congratulations! Thank you for the information and phone number! Did you have the cruise already booked or did you do book and use both diamond perk and milestone at same time? I am wondering because I did book the Singapore cruise for next year and plan to add the milestone credit for that one but am not sure if I can ask for Diamond upgrade since I am already booked? Thanks

Melody