Questions about possible price drop before final payment

alexadeparis

We seldom look at prices after we have booked inside the final payment window.

Once, our on line TA actually sent us an email stating that she got us a $100 OBC credit on a Celebrity cruise. We had not even asked her to do it. I think that fare went down by about $150. per person for our balcony cabin. We were surprised, and pleased that she had gone ahead and done this without us even asking. We were thrilled with the price point that we bought at.

I usually don’t look at prices either but I saw this topic and said let me check the prices, especially since we were offered an upgrade. I doubt they would give us a verandah and we’re not interested in oceanview. I would prefer cold hard cash/OBC. I will try calling in later today as something is Better than nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually don’t look at prices either but I saw this topic and said let me check the prices, especially since we were offered an upgrade. I doubt they would give us a verandah and we’re not interested in oceanview. I would prefer cold hard cash/OBC. I will try calling in later today as something is Better than nothing.

I called in and asked for OBC, the best they offered was a free upgrade to guaranteed unobstructed oceanview (from inside) or future credit credit. I would have taken the FCC but wasn’t sure when the next time we would cruise since we have a little family member coming along this year. At least the upgrade was free and better than what was previously offered ($149 pp for obstructed oceanview).