Georgiafan's Harmony of the Seas Review - April 28th to May 4th

Matt is also training people under him and it was obvious that Nono was a future CD and way to talented to just be hosting bingo. She is now the CD on the Inspiration and several others that week had the personalities to do more. When the shows were over the fun staff for CCL would hang around and talk to the guests for a few minutes and interact while RCL would run out like the place was on fire.

I just got off the Inspiration this morning and Nono was AH-MAY-ZING! So funny, engaging, and she was EVERYWHERE.

Wonderland

I would recommend if you are going to do this soon just to skip knowing the details and prepared for a unique dinner.

I am a extremely picker eater so I knew going in that I wouldn't try some of the things they brought out. I still enjoyed it and I would go back just I would pick the food instead of letting the waiter pick out the favorites. I was wrong this chocolate thing was the best desert I had all week. In general I think your paying more for the atmosphere and the presentation then you are the quality of the food. The deserts were amazing and the entries were solid just nothing that blew me away. Its still cool to go and definitely something that I will remember and I am curious to hear from people how its like going the 2nd time.

40305551520_ee638b785d_b.jpg

lobster bisque

40305548610_bfc32e4647_b.jpg

40305545460_9c3c9f4949_b.jpg

40305543040_d35a0e93e2_b.jpg

40305540000_bc32f2273b_b.jpg

40305537370_284bda93dc_b.jpg

Edited by georgiafan

I just got off the Inspiration this morning and Nono was AH-MAY-ZING! So funny, engaging, and she was EVERYWHERE.

I believe I was the first person to ever mention nono on this site and I have no doubts she will be a amazing CD. Just like in any business it sounds like it starts from the top and she learned what to do while working underneath Matt on the Vista. Now I just have to wait for her to get a promotion to a bigger and newer ship on the east coast. They are some traits when it comes to being a CD you cant teach you either have them or you don't. Thanks for sharing that makes me feel good.

New Menus Horrible Due to Lack of Options

I will try and keep this short and to the point as this is another game changing negative and shows that RCL is cutting out the MDR and forcing you to go to paid restaurants. The main course I didn't have a problem it was the starters and the deserts.

The menus are deceiving until you study them closer. They have cut out the options on deserts and you only have 2 or 3 new items every night. The first picture I posted for deserts everything from crème bruele down is on the menu every night and one of the options is healthy which on vacation I don't want to eat. From the starters side everything from Baked French onion soup down is on the menu every night so only 3 or 4 new options every night. I don't have pictures from every night, but I know they are some floating around CC. I love French onion soup and at first I was glad I could order it every night while Its really good after 6 days it got old.

I am not someone that complains about stuff while on vacation this was just to huge of a deal for me to not say anything. I found the highest up person I could talk to and shared my opinions on this. I know its not going to matter it did make me feel good though. Royal use to easily beat Carnival in the free MDR and that was the case ever since I cruised with both cruise lines. Thanks to the new menus with less options that is no longer the case.

41237531084_b1618befe4_b.jpg

41237533234_04f3797628_b.jpg

41237540714_daa2753fe2_b.jpg

41955923781_0d00855377_b.jpg

41955925121_f3a0b0afef_b.jpg

Bread

I'm not sure who made the decision to put raisins in bread its not a good combo. I am not sure when this happened, but no more savory bites (small triangle rolls) for bread. I asked and they said it was discounted bc it was made outside and just reheated. The guy I asked said he would make us some the next night which I didn't end up seeing as I didn't want him to go to the extra trouble. The bread as it was to hard so I wasn't impressed. The butter wasn't in ice like it was on the vista.

Why raisins ?

41254807555_d05fa76d08_b.jpg

41254814395_f1a7625df7_b.jpg

Lobster Night

Lobster was the 2nd formal night which was day 5 and I was glad to see no cut backs for this night. They didn't try to hide the fact that it was lobster night like the Vista did. They as always brought out several of them and this was also the night of baked Alaska the best desert in the MDR.

41254811615_478a470a58_b.jpg

I noticed you posted a menu picture from the way finder on board. Do they list the daily menus there all week or just the on the day they serve?

Thanks!

the tv in the room had the menu for the remaining days on the ship it was also out front in the restaurants. Is that what you mean ?

Random Closing Thoughts

The buttons on the elevator don’t really change colors when you press them. They go to a slightly brighter color of blue so you have to hit the button a few times to make sure your floor is pressed.

I got the wow band and I thought it was worth the $5 it wasn't perfect and I still carried my key card around at times. I wish it wasn't a watch look and just a bracelet as mine did fall off a few times.

The cup holders in the main show aren't big enough

I went to all the shows and there was empty seats for all of them and the ship was sold out.

The most passengers I have ever seen from outside the US If I had to guess a % I would say easily over 50.

The most thongs I had ever seen on a cruise I was counting and lost track at like 25. I even saw someone sun bathing topless on the mainpool deck. It worked out good for me, but if your easily offended by that sort of thing might have to find another area.

Not having one main pool was more of a negative then I remember

They did a good job with pool volleyball

The escape game use to be free and now its $20

I loved the cruise as always, but the Carnival Vista wins out due to the food options and lunch that I touched on. Royal wins out with the big shows, but Carnival wins out with smaller shows and the CD.

I’ve let this review drag on longer then I wanted so that’s about all I have. I have a lot of pics of around the ship since I think most people are familiar with ship I wont post them. If anyone has any questions let me know.

My next cruise for now will be on the Carnival HorizonDecember 1st

Thanks neighbor! (Im the guy from the thriving metropolis of Fairmount :cool: ) Enjoyed it and looking forward to Harmony in 467 days! :cool::D My last two were on Carnival Magic. LOVED all the included food options!

Thanks neighbor! (Im the guy from the thriving metropolis of Fairmount :cool: ) Enjoyed it and looking forward to Harmony in 467 days! :cool::D My last two were on Carnival Magic. LOVED all the included food options!

You need to book one in between 467 days is way to long to wait and i'll be sure to think of you the next time I drive past the taste e freeze