Hearing issues on tours

I wear hearing aids and on a Viking river cruise last summer, I couldn't hear anything the tour guides said on the walking tours (even with Viking's "special" loop for hearing aids.) We are going on a Celebrity Cruise in October and I am looking for suggestions on earphones etc. to be able to hear tour guides. There are no plug-in holes in my hearing aids and I can't wear earbuds with them.

If I remember correctly the Viking gizmo for the tours used a standard sized headphone jack. They provided an 'in the ear' type of bud but you could bring your own lightweight over the ear (aka on the ear) type headphone that would work with your devices ....

Have no idea if Cel' provides a similar device tho ....

example: $6 https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Headphones-RP-HT21-Lightweight-Comfortable/dp/B00004T8R2/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_lp_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6PAV01TNCP629RXBH3V6

Edited by Capt_BJ

I'm very hearing impaired and none of the headsets work for me. A lot of places have written transcripts. A personal guide isn't the same as a transcript of an audio guide, but it wouldn't hurt to check and see if they had something.

When we toured Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower I let the guide know and he kept me right next to him so I could hear him (and I could read his lips).