All Things Adventure of the Seas

My husband is maybe 10 lbs over average weight for his height (tall) and they weighed him on his first visit and gave him an orange wristband which allowed him to use one of two slides. (Apparently one of the slides has a lower weight limit and he could not use that one). He said they weighed the 'bigger' people and that the scale seemed to be weighing heavy by about 7 lbs.

Thanks for the reply. I'm crossing my fingers because I'm 2 lbs under the yellow slide limit as of this morning for our cruise on May 25. 7 lbs is a good meal at the buffet though lol. I'm 6'2" so I'd probably be considered a "bigger" person too ;)

Very good news that they only weigh once though. I guess I need to get down another 5-6 lbs just to be safe.

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but since Izumi has replaced Gravity sports bar, is there anyplace onboard one can view an NFL or college football game in November?

We were on the AOS 4/28/12 sailing, this venue hardly appeared to be used, never crowded at all.

I would imagine the sports bar had larger crowds., thoughts if RCI made the right decision here? Maybe since being repositioned to Bayoone, NJ, attendance will turn around?

Can any recent cruisers tell me how many formal nights on a 7 day Adventure Cruise? Thanks.

There would be two. That is across the board on all RCI 7 night cruises. Most common are nights 2 & 5, but that is subject to change according to the itinerary.

Does anyone know about the coffee card recently from Adventure? The boards say it may be more than one punch depending on the size. Any Bayonne departures with recent experience?

We just came off Adventure and I bought the coffee card. I used it multiple times a day and different sized coffees. From tall to venti, they only charged me one punch per drink. Now...it could depend on the person working, but I never had an issue. I even have 3 left on my card so I'm saving it for our Navigator cruise in November.

We were on the AOS 4/28/12 sailing, this venue hardly appeared to be used, never crowded at all.

I would imagine the sports bar had larger crowds., thoughts if RCI made the right decision here? Maybe since being repositioned to Bayoone, NJ, attendance will turn around?

Of all the photos that people have posted since her refurb there never seems many people in Izumi.

It’s a shame, I like sushi and always visit if the ship has an Izumi but I’m not sure about its location on the promenade.

Surely it’s too busy and noisy to have a meal?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Of all the photos that people have posted since her refurb there never seems many people in Izumi.

It’s a shame, I like sushi and always visit if the ship has an Izumi but I’m not sure about its location on the promenade.

I wish they would have added the hibachi with it. Those tables are always hard to get on other ships that have them.

There would be two. That is across the board on all RCI 7 night cruises. Most common are nights 2 & 5, but that is subject to change according to the itinerary.

May 18th Sailing: 2 Nights, Days 2 & 6

Last week, there were never more than a handful of people in there that I saw. Place looked sharp though.

I wish they would have added the hibachi with it. Those tables are always hard to get on other ships that have them.

Would have loved hibachi or Hot Rocks, but no such luck. Just came off (5/18 sailing) and never saw more than 2 tables occupied

Can someone tell me which dining room is being used for anytime dining.

Also for us on our 4/28/18 Sailing, Deck 3 Sapphire MDR.

First night for MTD, we were assigned table #176 which was right at the bottom of the Grand Staircase, with cool views of the Chandelier and all 3 levels of the MDR.

We also had a great team of Waiter VJ and Assistant Manuel

Please verify: Can we bring a couple of bottles of wine onto the ship ("Adventure of the Seas")? If so, how many?

Two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom, regardless of the number of guests in the stateroom. Initial embarkation only.

I see two different options for renting a cabana at the Coco Cay port. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these excursions? One is more secluded at a 'south beach' where you take their limo to it, and the other is affiliated with a resort (so the lunch buffet may be better as well as the restroom facilties?).

Anyone have any experience to give me your review?

Edited by Virgin to Cruisin
Add additional question

Going on AOS next Friday and I know I saw somewhere on these forums that we are allowed to bring a personal fan but of course now I can’t find it. Does anyone know what size is allowed. Also is there shampoo and soap in the showers. Thanks for any help

Going on AOS next Friday and I know I saw somewhere on these forums that we are allowed to bring a personal fan but of course now I can’t find it. Does anyone know what size is allowed. Also is there shampoo and soap in the showers. Thanks for any help

There is a dispenser of combo shampoo/conditioner in the shower and bars of soap.

I don't recall seeing anything from the cruise line with regard to a personal fan.