Caribbean princess - food/menu

Bignickpsu

I just booked my first Princess cruise (2nd cruise total - first was Disney). My wife, kids and I are not picky eaters but we are also bringing my in-laws as a retirement gift. Both of them are very picky eaters and are not adventurous at all (mainly steak, chicken fingers, etc. - no seafood or what they call "ethnic" food). I can't seem to find any sample menus for the main dining room that are relatively recent. Does anyone know where I can find one? Any ideas on if they will be able to eat in the main dining room or are they going to be limited to buffet, pizza, and grill? Thanks!

On Princess, one side of the menu is the same each night. The other side changes nightly. Just like on Disney, you can always get a baked chicken breast, beef without the sauce, etc. There is no reason for even the most plain eater to feel that there is nothing on the menu. My adult daughter always orders her meat with no sauce or sauce/dressing/whatever on the side. No problems....on any of the lines we've cruised. Just let them know how you want it fixed.

Princess menus don't change very often. If you've found copies of them that are within the last two years, they're pretty accurate. (except Ruby which is apparently trialing some quite different menus).

You can expect three or 4 appetizers/salad, soups, pasta, then 5 or so entrees, which always include at least one fish)seafood, one fowl, one beef/lamb, ine vegetarian and one that may be a combo of others, ie pasta with beef or another seafood dish or whatnot. This site of the menu changes nightly. They can modify any dish - within reason, ie no sauce or add veggies or such.

There's also the "always available" side. Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail, airline chicken breast, salmon, burger, etc. More "basic" items, so to speak.

Check CruiseWithGambee, or PescadoAmarillo's blogs for relatively recent menus. They'll at least give s very good idea of what's served..

There's also the kids menu, which anyone cab order from, and includes chicken nuggets, spaghetti and meatballs, alphabet soup, etc and an excellent banana split volcano sundae!!

They will definitely be able to enjoy rhe dining room and there's also the buffet, which service many of the same dishes as dinner, Trident Grill which adds BBQ items at night, pizzeria, International Cafe , room service, and specialty restaurants.

They won't go hungry.

I just booked my first Princess cruise (2nd cruise total - first was Disney). My wife, kids and I are not picky eaters but we are also bringing my in-laws as a retirement gift. Both of them are very picky eaters and are not adventurous at all (mainly steak, chicken fingers, etc. - no seafood or what they call "ethnic" food). I can't seem to find any sample menus for the main dining room that are relatively recent. Does anyone know where I can find one? Any ideas on if they will be able to eat in the main dining room or are they going to be limited to buffet, pizza, and grill? Thanks!

MDR menus are basic with some always available items and other items that change every day. The menu usually includes selections of seafood, a meat selection of beef, pork or lamb, a veggie dish, and most times a homestyle dish, like a chicken leek pot pie.

If you want chicken fingers ask for the children's menu. They are there and yes adults can order form that menu. There may be a small steak one evening, but if you want steak reserve at the Crown Grill, $29/pp, or you may want to try Planks for $12/pp. I don't know what you mean by ethnic food, but there usually are some Caribbean selections, for example jerk chicken. There are usually an Asian selections at the buffet and there are also some theme nights there.

We were on the Caribbean in January. We enjoyed the selections for all meals at the World Fresh Marketplace buffet. By the way, made to order omelets are available every morning in the Planks/Steamers section, no charge for breakfast or lunch. On Princess the buffet area is open from 6am until late evening every day. It never closes during that time. Walk in anytime.

You may also enjoy the morning cont. choices and the paninis, salads, soups and desserts at the International Cafe open 24/7, no charge.

Unfortunately, the NY Strip steak is no longer on the "always" side.

The medallions of beef were replaced by that "deluxe" burger some time ago. Other threads seem to indicate that Princess is experimenting with placing some Crown Grill quality offerings in the MDR for a modest up charge.

Thanks everyone! I feel much better now. I can see them both ordering off the kids menu at times. Also, nice to know they can ask for the meats without sauces and the like. My wife will also be happy that there is usually some sort of steak/beef. That was the highlight for her when we did the Disney cruise.

it's been posted that if you go to Planks/Steamers ( pay venues at night ) that one can order off one menu and the other off the other - which would be perfect for us as we tend to share most anything - except the wife and her lobster...;p

We were on Caribbean Princess for the last two weeks of March. My friends are "eat anything types" and I am definitely a very picky eater...meat, potatoes, chips & chocolate. I had no problem at all finding something on the MDR menu, in the buffet, Crown grill...you get the idea. I thought the biggest challenge would be finding something for dinner on Good Friday (besides the shrimp cocktail, I don't eat fish). I requested pasta with red sauce and had a bowl of pasta with red sauce and parmesan placed in front of me. Oops, forgot to tell them I don't eat cheese. Back it went with another bowl of exactly what I requested returned to me quickly.

They should have no problem at all.....

Enjoy!

Such a shame when people never learned to try new things...Means more for those of us who enjoy fine food, of which Princess really isn't noted for!(or most lines for that fact)Chix fingers? Really? They can get those & tolerable steak. What do they refer to as ethnic food?

Such a shame when people never learned to try new things...Means more for those of us who enjoy fine food, of which Princess really isn't noted for!(or most lines for that fact)Chix fingers? Really? They can get those & tolerable steak. What do they refer to as ethnic food?

Sounds like they call anything with spice, “ethnic food”.

I agree 100% about trying things. It actually pains me when they refuse to try things that are delicious because they are new to them. When I say ethnic food, I mean anything beyond standard American fare. No Mexican, Asian, etc.