Live on Majesty of the Seas first cruise to Cuba

Great info! could you tell me what terminal you all departed from? I have conflicting information. I thought Royal only used terminal 6 now, but when I reserved my parking, it shows departing from terminal 3. Any info would be great. Thanks,

Interesting! You learn something new everyday, that's for sure. Cuba has been a very confusing port. I am picking # 2 because I booked an outside tour operator. My take on #4 was completely wrong, according to this link

Great info! could you tell me what terminal you all departed from? I have conflicting information. I thought Royal only used terminal 6 now, but when I reserved my parking, it shows departing from terminal 3. Any info would be great. Thanks,

We sailed on Brilliance in March. We departed from Terminal 3, and returned to Terminal 6. We did valet, and they already had our car moved over to 6 before we arrived.

Agreed, for some reason I couldn’t get on WiFi but I really think RCI went over the top with saying you had to use their tours, we booked the Hemingway walking tour which ended up being a bus tour because of the rain then did our own thing in Havana at night and the next day, no issues and no hassles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much is a reasonable amount to exchange? Can you exchange back for US dollars when you get back on the ship?

The Latin dance classes held during the day, are they true Latin dances classes or more like Zumba with a Latin/Salsa style to it.

They were dance classes, I still couldn't manage the moves.

Well until it was 1am plus a lot of rum in a club in Cuba, then I 'Thought" I could.

How much is a reasonable amount to exchange? Can you exchange back for US dollars when you get back on the ship?

Only you know how much you will need for Cuba.

Yes you can change back to US $ but back in the terminal. The ship will not take the CUCs

One point, We changed UK pounds to avoid the 10% penalty.

They would only give us US $ when we tried to change the CUCs back.

We sailed on Brilliance in March. We departed from Terminal 3, and returned to Terminal 6. We did valet, and they already had our car moved over to 6 before we arrived.

We were on Majestys first cruise to Cuba, departed Terminal #3 and returned to #3

Did anyone ride in a tuk tuk? Any info is greatly appreciated.

We saw them everywhere but the classic cars looked better so that was our mode of transport.

We saw them everywhere but the classic cars looked better so that was our mode of transport.

Hi there! Thanks for the response. We are actually booked for a classic car tour upon arrival, but due to time constraints, we had to cut our tour shorty by an hour, as we have an excursion that evening. We didn't want to be stressed by having only an hour to get back onboard, eat dinner, shower and get dressed for Tropicana. As a result of cutting the tour short, we will not see Christ of Havana nor El Morro, so we were looking into hopping in a tuk tuk to get across the river the following morning, to visit those 2 sites after our morning walking tour.

? About the ocean view cabins on deck 7–

Do these windows look out over the promenade walkway ?

Can people walking on the promenade see inside your cabin?

Thanks

Yes, the deck 7 stateroom windows are eye level for those walking on the outside promenade. Decks 8 and 9 are better choices for privacy, but the views are partially blocked by lifeboats.

Just a note on currency exchange...

On the Empress we were warned that we would incurr a 13 percent fee to go from USD to CUC, and another 13 percent to convert back upon return to the pier. NOT TRUE.

Yup, it was 13 percent upon arrival. The 3 percent conversion fee is fairly typical of any foreign echange transaction. Yes, the extra initial 10 percent is high, but only for USD since it’s due to the difficult process Cuba has to go through to recoup the value of US currency.

Upon return to the pier, converting CUC back to USD incurred only the 3 percent exchange fee, NOT the 13 percent told to us by RCCL.

Also, and this is only what we learned from our tour guide, USD is a lot more accepted than what the ship will tell you.

I understand that Royal needs to take a conservative approach, but as more folks take this fascinating journey, information will become more solid..

Yes, the deck 7 stateroom windows are eye level for those walking on the outside promenade. Decks 8 and 9 are better choices for privacy, but the views are partially blocked by lifeboats.

Thanks. I was pretty sure that was true but a friend of mine just kept saying they were “obstructed”. That’s what the website says. But I am trying to tell her about the problems with the promenade. I appreciate your prompt response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been waiting for someone to report on Majesty to Cuba cruise, and am anxious to hear all about it!!;) Thanks so much for doing a report on your cruise!:* We'll be cruising to Cuba on Majesty from Tampa in October! Cheers!:cool:

Hi Silky-Gal: Today, we booked the Cuba cruise on Majesty on October 10. I learned that no Meet and Mingles are scheduled for cruises less than 7 days. We are also booked on the November 2019 Cruise with 3 ports.

Hi Silky-Gal: Today, we booked the Cuba cruise on Majesty on October 10. I learned that no Meet and Mingles are scheduled for cruises less than 7 days. We are also booked on the November 2019 Cruise with 3 ports.

We are on the October 24-29, 2018 cruise with 9 friends and family, who are all excited about going to Cuba for the first time!:cool: Correct, no M&M's for under 7-nights; however, you can still post in an informal roll call and even plan to get together on your own, which we may do!;)