New to Haven - please share your favorite secrets or tips to make it great!

Have stayed in the Haven Spa Suites. Loved them.

You have access to the Haven Pool, the Haven Bar, the Haven Restaurant, the Concierge Desk, etc.

Not sure I follow them not being a part of the Haven?

I believe what the poster was stating is that room is not inside the Haven door. I know to some people that is important. To me it is not. I don't stay inside the Haven area.. I roam the ship and stop by the Haven as needed. Others like to stay around the pool our Haven sundeck most of the day and do not want to walk a bunch which I also understand

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Definitely not a waste of money.

I agree! I know many people who saved and saved and never lived to enjoy their money. I am not suggesting you spend all of your money at 65-70, but be realistic as to life expectancy- have no regrets.

Spend some. Of course if you cannot afford the Haven- or a Junior suite- do what works for you. But enjoy!!!

I believe what the poster was stating is that room is not inside the Haven door. I know to some people that is important. To me it is not. I don't stay inside the Haven area.. I roam the ship and stop by the Haven as needed. Others like to stay around the pool our Haven sundeck most of the day and do not want to walk a bunch which I also understand

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Still not quite following....you can stay around the Haven pool, the bar, the restaurant, regardless of the Haven cabin you’re in.

There are hallways that lead to the Haven. All of the Haven cabins you have to walk to the Haven, however.

The Haven Spa Cabin we had all we did was walk down a few stairs and the Haven was right there. Those Haven hallways were only accessible via key card.

Good morning all,

So, recently booked a Garden Villa on the Gem for a December 2018 cruise. Very excited to find/read this thread. There will be 7 or 8 of us from 1 family. Lots of good info. on the Haven in general. While I wish this ship had the Haven restaurant and bar etc., the quiet and the ability for the family to be together is important. The reason for this trip is my mother-in-law wanted to try a cruise and we wanted to bring as much of the family together as possible.

When booking the cruise, through NCL, I asked repeatedly about in-suite dining from all venues. Several of my family prefer to eat privately and not in restaurants. So it is important to us that we can get the food we want delivered to our suite for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Delivered all at once vs. course-by-course is not real important to us. Hot food is however (except for things like salad of course :)). The rep assured us that this will not be a problem for our butler. I truly hope this is the case as this was a major consideration in booking into the Haven. This plus the priority boarding/disembarking and show seats are our main requirements. We do not need nor want things like packing/unpacking and help with the coffee machine. At least, I hope that we do not need help with the coffee machine.

So looking forward to this trip. Cheers, and keep the good info. coming.

Good morning all,

So, recently booked a Garden Villa on the Gem for a December 2018 cruise. Very excited to find/read this thread. There will be 7 or 8 of us from 1 family. Lots of good info. on the Haven in general. While I wish this ship had the Haven restaurant and bar etc., the quiet and the ability for the family to be together is important. The reason for this trip is my mother-in-law wanted to try a cruise and we wanted to bring as much of the family together as possible.

When booking the cruise, through NCL, I asked repeatedly about in-suite dining from all venues. Several of my family prefer to eat privately and not in restaurants. So it is important to us that we can get the food we want delivered to our suite for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Delivered all at once vs. course-by-course is not real important to us. Hot food is however (except for things like salad of course :)). The rep assured us that this will not be a problem for our butler. I truly hope this is the case as this was a major consideration in booking into the Haven. This plus the priority boarding/disembarking and show seats are our main requirements. We do not need nor want things like packing/unpacking and help with the coffee machine. At least, I hope that we do not need help with the coffee machine.

we've never had a cold breakfast or dinner delivered to our room. also, as GV guests you get even better VIP treatment than the VIP treatment.

Having your cabin “inside” the Haven area is probably important if you want to spend a lot of time at the Haven pool or other spaces. We mostly spend our time in the Haven eating or drinking, so the walk isn’t significant. We spend more time in our cabin and I really prefer the cabins with separate bedrooms, which means outside the Haven area unless you get an Owner’s Suite. Also, considering a Haven Spa Suite, which is necessarily by the Spa and not inside the Haven. I guess if you want to hang out with a bunch of other Haven guests, it would be nice to be inside the locked area, but if you tend to hang out by yourselves, it’s not much of a benefit. It all depends on what you find most important!

Good morning all,

Welcome to CC. You pretty much have a good understanding of what will happen and food as you described should not be a problem. Note that with that room you also get 6 bottles of booze and unlimited in room water and sodas.

Having your cabin “inside” the Haven area is probably important if you want to spend a lot of time at the Haven pool or other spaces. We mostly spend our time in the Haven eating or drinking, so the walk isn’t significant. We spend more time in our cabin and I really prefer the cabins with separate bedrooms, which means outside the Haven area unless you get an Owner’s Suite. Also, considering a Haven Spa Suite, which is necessarily by the Spa and not inside the Haven. I guess if you want to hang out with a bunch of other Haven guests, it would be nice to be inside the locked area, but if you tend to hang out by yourselves, it’s not much of a benefit. It all depends on what you find most important!

Bit confused - you are looking for suites with 2 bedrooms? Depending on what ship you are asking about the Jewel Class ships have 2 bedroom suites (non-Haven) and 2 bedroom Haven suites. On the new ships, the 2 bedroom Haven rooms are in the Haven area.

On the new ships, the OS also don't have 2 distinct bedrooms. The closest I can think of though would be the DOS on Escape.

Have stayed in the Haven Spa Suites. Loved them.

You have access to the Haven Pool, the Haven Bar, the Haven Restaurant, the Concierge Desk, etc.

Not sure I follow them not being a part of the Haven?

The post you quoted was an answer to someone saying that the spa suites are located in the Haven. As you know they aren't even if they have access to the Haven.

we've never had a cold breakfast or dinner delivered to our room. also, as GV guests you get even better VIP treatment than the VIP treatment.

Having had the Owners Suite on Epic this so true.

There you go see I did pay for Haven all i said is I would rather 4 cruises than the perks of the Haven. As Platinum Plus we get a lot of the so called perks (other than a butler).

But as other say each to their own and it was my view and others may say not.

Oh and by the way to avoid long lines in St Petesburg just went on a smaller ship. Simples

I agree! I know many people who saved and saved and never lived to enjoy their money. I am not suggesting you spend all of your money at 65-70, but be realistic as to life expectancy- have no regrets.

Spend some. Of course if you cannot afford the Haven- or a Junior suite- do what works for you. But enjoy!!!

After reading this thread, I am keeping a close eye on Haven Cabins, not sure I want to risk hoping I get and win an upgrade bid.

It's 3 of us in a mini suite for mid August Baltic Cruise and crowds for me are a turn off :( I need to be able to get some peace and quiet lol

I know one too many who died right after retiring. I agree - enjoy it while you can!

Oh and by the way to avoid long lines in St Petesburg just went on a smaller ship. Simples

I totally agree. If you go on a smaller ship, you do not really need the Haven. I would not have chosen such a gigantic ship as the Getaway if my DS was not working on the ship as a cast/crew member. We went to visit with him. That being said, if you do want to go on such a large ship for whatever reason, the Haven is wonderful. All the amenities were especially nice in the Baltic particularly priority disembarkation for the ports. Plus Norwegian does have the best entertainment at sea and you get good seats!!

Having had the Owners Suite on Epic this so true.

There you go see I did pay for Haven all i said is I would rather 4 cruises than the perks of the Haven. As Platinum Plus we get a lot of the so called perks (other than a butler).

But as other say each to their own and it was my view and others may say not.

Epic does not have OS. It does have DOS.

I totally agree. If you go on a smaller ship, you do not really need the Haven. I would not have chosen such a gigantic ship as the Getaway if my DS was not working on the ship as a cast/crew member. We went to visit with him. That being said, if you do want to go on such a large ship for whatever reason, the Haven is wonderful. All the amenities were especially nice in the Baltic particularly priority disembarkation for the ports. Plus Norwegian does have the best entertainment at sea and you get good seats!!

While I really enjoyed the NCL Haven-the Entertainment on Royal Caribbean, with and Ice show, aquacade, broadway show and other entertainment makes all others pale in comparison.

• 4 months later...
Good morning all,

Don’t forget that the Garden Villa gets a limo to the airport or hotel at the end of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums