wine packages

imae39

We are considering a Princess cruise and are Platinum. Most of our cruises have been on Holland America and they have wine packages we purchase. Does Princess have wine packages we can buy? I know we can take two bottles on board but we will want to have wine when dining in the MDR.

We are considering a Princess cruise and are Platinum. Most of our cruises have been on Holland America and they have wine packages we purchase. Does Princess have wine packages we can buy? I know we can take two bottles on board but we will want to have wine when dining in the MDR.

Yes, Princess has Silver and Gold wine packages available on sailings longer than 7 nights . It's a percentage off bottle price for a set number of bottles.

Also, you can bring as much wine as you like. One bottle per person is corkage free if enjoyed in cabin, or glass taken elsewhere . If you bring it to a dining venue - you're (supposed to be) charged corkage, $15 per bottle.

Any additional bottles, as many as you like, are charged (supposed to be) corkage at embarkation and are marked accordingly and cab very brought to any lounge or dining venue as you like. They'll store any unfinished wine for you

Enjoy.

That is correct. Wine packages ore only offered on 10 day or longer cruises.

Thank you for that information. Since I cannot buy a wine package gives me one less thing to try to attempt to accomplish when I embark Royal Princess in December.

reedprincess,

If I am reading your posting correctly, there are no wine packages for 7 day cruises?

Correct, only on cruises longer than 7-nights. So, a 7-night/one week cruise doesn't have them.

8-nights or longer.

Can you purchase bottles of wine at ports and then pay corkage fee ($15) when you return to the ship? Or do I have to take the wine onboard when we board the ship and pay the corkage fee then?

Can you purchase bottles of wine at ports and then pay corkage fee ($15) when you return to the ship? Or do I have to take the wine onboard when we board the ship and pay the corkage fee then?

I occasionally bring a couple of bottles of wine from ports which are subject to the $15/bottle fee. However we’ve never been charged but since we want to enjoy our wine in a dining room we pay the fee there.

If they will charge the fee for wine that you’re taking home they will hold it until the last evening without any fee.

Wine packages are not always available on longer cruises - we sailed on the Emerald in March for 30 days - no wine packages, no matter how often we asked. There was a rumor of a wine shortage on the ship, don't know if that was true or not.

Wine packages are not always available on longer cruises - we sailed on the Emerald in March for 30 days - no wine packages, no matter how often we asked. There was a rumor of a wine shortage on the ship, don't know if that was true or not.

In October on the Med cruise before us they had a resupply problem & purchased some Italian wine but not enough to offer the wine package. The container with wine arrived in Barcelona so our transatlantic cruise had plenty of wine to offer wine packages.

Sometimes things go wrong resupplying ships sailing around the world but thankfully that’s only happened to me once & I was able to purchase it on my other 10+ day cruises.

Edited by Astro Flyer

If you ask your dining room waiter you can get a package.

I don't know about shorter cruises as ours are always 10 days or longer.

We have never had a problem getting a package.

We quite often do b2b and use the one package for both cruises if there is any left.

If you ask your dining room waiter you can get a package.

I don't know about shorter cruises as ours are always 10 days or longer.

We have never had a problem getting a package.

We quite often do b2b and use the one package for both cruises if there is any left.

This did not work for us - we even kept going up the chain, not one person would sell us the wine package on our 30 day South American cruise.

I am not sure if we are just lucky, but we have never had any problem getting the wine package. (all on 10day or longer cruises). We also use one package for b2b cruises. That helps keep the cost down.

I am not sure if we are just lucky, but we have never had any problem getting the wine package. (all on 10day or longer cruises). We also use one package for b2b cruises. That helps keep the cost down.
Paul,

We have had the opposite experience with the wine package and B2B cruises. We have always been told that the card would NOT carry over to the next leg.

Carolyn

Paul,

We have had the opposite experience with the wine package and B2B cruises. We have always been told that the card would NOT carry over to the next leg.

Carolyn

Did a 21 day Med which I had booked that way, but Princess ran as 3 sevens. Bought the wine package but it never worked properly after week one. So each time I purchased a bottle it would show up on my portfolio, then I would have to go to passenger services to get the charges reversed. Upside was the three bar setups, we are Elite, so I collected lots of coffee cards.

Paul,

Carolyn

I hope we bring you good luck next week. We got the Sip & Sail last summer for these cruises, so I won't be buying any wine.

reedprincess,

If I am reading your posting correctly, there are no wine packages for 7 day cruises?

And there are no wine packages on multi week cruises that are sold as one week cruises. Like 3 week cruises in Europe. Found this out the hard way, budgeted wine packages but none availble😳

And there are no wine packages on multi week cruises that are sold as one week cruises. Like 3 week cruises in Europe. Found this out the hard way, budgeted wine packages but none availble😳

Interesting, see my post #17 above. We were able to buy it, but it was a hassle to use it. May be ship related as well. We were on the Royal

We were on the Royal last year for 3 weeks (3 7 day cruises) and was able to get the wine card and it carried over no problem.

We asked at the desk where they sell the drinks packages and they said they didn't have them but dining room waiter sold us one.

Last cruise was 24 days on the Caribbean Princess in March (10 and 14 days) and card carried over.

It’s not unusual for Princess to be inconsistent particularly with wine packages.

Once during embarkation the Alfredo’s Pizzeria headwaiter said the wine package was unavailable but he was eager to sell me their expensive all-inclusive drink package instead. We asked our MDR waitstaff & they were happy to sell us the wine package. Since they’ll provide our wine we purchase it from them because they get some benefit such as extra time off while in port.

When sailing B2B cruises we confirm that it’s usable on the next cruise before purchasing it. Even if not possible we’d get all of our wine at the end of the first cruise & bring it to dining rooms on the next cruise. That’s never been necessary but being consistently inconsistent we’re ready with a Plan B.

It’s not unusual for Princess to be inconsistent particularly with wine packages.

Once during embarkation the Alfredo’s Pizzeria headwaiter said the wine package was unavailable but he was eager to sell me their expensive all-inclusive drink package instead. We asked our MDR waitstaff & they were happy to sell us the wine package. Since they’ll provide our wine we purchase it from them because they get some benefit such as extra time off while in port.

When sailing B2B cruises we confirm that it’s usable on the next cruise before purchasing it. Even if not possible we’d get all of our wine at the end of the first cruise & bring it to dining rooms on the next cruise. That’s never been necessary but being consistently inconsistent we’re ready with a Plan B.

Be interesting to see how it plays out next month on our fjords cruise. In any event I am planning to do some wine shopping in Southampton pre embarking so not sure if I will want a wine package.

Astro Flyer:

I love your phrase of "consistently inconsistent"! And I thought only HAL "owned" that distinction in the Carnival Corporation Family.

Maybe that’s an appropriate description because both are under the same CCL subgroup...Holland America Group.

Since Seabourn and P&O Australia are in the same group wonder if they’re also consistently inconsistent? ;)