Trip Report - Escape May 6

Yes you can. I beleive they will take you anywhere you want to go on the island. The established rate from Dockyard to horshoe bay beach is $7 but I don't think there is a set standard for other routes. You will want to ask the driver what he is charging before you get in.

Yes, if you had a group of people who wanted to go to the same beach as you. I think the minimum number of passengers needed is 7. Of course the fare will change based on the new distance.

SBtS

Mini-bus fares:

enhance

originally posted by member charles4515

SBtS

Day 2 and 3:

I am combining days 2 and 3 because they were almost identical in nature... i.e. rain, cold and windy. We spent almost the entire day 2 inside the ship, eating, walking around, playing games at O'Sheehans, eating, have a drink, eat again (I sense a pattern). On day 3, we actually went outside for a lot of the day because it was a little bit warmer. We huddled up on deck 17 under the awning by the ping pong tables for the day. Around 3pm that day, the sun finally broke through and some people were actually able to get some color on their skin. The highlight of those days unfortunately was the comedian we saw on day 2. Her name was Gina Brillon (I think) and she was hysterical. We loved her style of comedy. If she is on your cruise, go see her. You won't be disappointed. There was also a comedian juggler that we did not have the opportunity to see him so I cannot comment. These two days highlight the biggest disappointment that I had in the trip. As a result of the rain, pretty much everyone was inside in the common areas looking for things to do. I would have expected the cruise director (Silas?) to add some additional activities around the ship to keep folks entertained, but alas, nothing was added. The Escape has a unique setup where most of the activities are held in the atrium. I like the concept and you can see from the atrium 6th deck and from O'Sheehans on the 7th deck. It works most of the time until too many people start crowding in because there's nothing else to do. I guess the bottom line is I was a little disappointed that they didn't try and spread out activities, especially when it was raining.

The only other thing of note is that my son and I went to the family karaoke in the 5 oclock somewhere bar. We actually had a really good time watching. When we walked in there was actually a 2yo singing on stage. Was very cute.

Next up: Bermuda

It's not only the Escape that uses the Attruim for by bulk of activities both day and night. We were on Gem and the Breakaway and it was the same set up. Sometimes it was so crowded that people were hanging from the railing above in O'Sheenan's to get a peak at what was going on. It became so noisy in the restaurant and really was not a great way to enjoy your food. The waiters carrying trays loaded with food had to dodge passengers who blocked the aisles. The area is way too small and then add in passengers who hold onto seats throughout the day. No one will offer a seat to someone who looks like they need one either. Even with some folding chairs brought in there were more people standing on both decks than those who were seated.

I question why some other room, not in use, could be used for some of the activities in the Attruim to avoid this overcrowding allowing for a more pleasant flow of people.

MARAPRINCE

Question regarding shore excursion credits. Were you able to combine them to use on one shore excursion? Although we are sailing at the end of October our actual arrival time on day 1 is either 5 or 6 PM at the dockyard. Therefore, we only have one full day on day 2 and day 3 we leave at 3 PM. Day 1 does not allow for much.

MARAPRINCE

Are mini busses available everywhere or just from the Dockyard? Trying to figure out how to get to Clearwater from St. Georges...

Using a mini-bus to get to Clearwater Beach is a good idea, but remember, it would have to be at least a group of 7 going.

SBtS

It's not only the Escape that uses the Attruim for by bulk of activities both day and night. We were on Gem and the Breakaway and it was the same set up. Sometimes it was so crowded that people were hanging from the railing above in O'Sheenan's to get a peak at what was going on. It became so noisy in the restaurant and really was not a great way to enjoy your food. The waiters carrying trays loaded with food had to dodge passengers who blocked the aisles. The area is way too small and then add in passengers who hold onto seats throughout the day. No one will offer a seat to someone who looks like they need one either. Even with some folding chairs brought in there were more people standing on both decks than those who were seated.

I question why some other room, not in use, could be used for some of the activities in the Attruim to avoid this overcrowding allowing for a more pleasant flow of people.

MARAPRINCE

You are correct that all the Away class ships are designed the same way. This was our second time on the Escape. The first trip, we had really nice weather and the concept worked pretty well. There were obviously times that it got crowded, but nothing like this trip when it rained. I was a little surprised and disappointed that they didn't move at least some of the activities into the theater where there's a lot more room.

Question regarding shore excursion credits. Were you able to combine them to use on one shore excursion? Although we are sailing at the end of October our actual arrival time on day 1 is either 5 or 6 PM at the dockyard. Therefore, we only have one full day on day 2 and day 3 we leave at 3 PM. Day 1 does not allow for much.

MARAPRINCE

The only promo we received was the 3rd / 4th guest sails free. We also did not do any NCL excursions there. Generally speaking you cannot combine them but I think Bermuda sailings might have some different rules. Hopefully someone can confirm that.

Using a mini-bus to get to Clearwater Beach is a good idea, but remember, it would have to be at least a group of 7 going.

SBtS

Actually, since we asked our mini-bus driver to pick us up at various locations, he did not wait for a full load. The only time the mini-bus was full was on the initial departure from St George. From Ft St Catherine to Crystal caves then back to St George, it was only our group of 5.

MARAPRINCE

In the Terms & Conditions:

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.

Reading from this, it seems like 3 individual days. But you can call the shore excursion line to ask them.

Maybe there might be some tours at night or NCL might allow it as a lump sum due to limited time at Bermuda in October.