Breakaway secret tips

umpisoccer

For those who like a large mug of coffee or tea to take back to the cabin each morning: bring a thermal mug (travel mug).

JerseyGem - just back from the BA and I think this was the best tip! People came up to me every morning commenting on how smart it was to bring a travel mug. Enjoyed my morning coffee on my balcony every day :)

A couple of tips, not so secret - make sure you book the comedy show when you board, did the PG13 one with my teens and we all agreed, Mike Paramour was hilarious.

Also, book Escape the Big Top early at the BA theatre box office, we did it on a sea day and long lines of people being turned away.

When waiting for a tender to GSC, get as close to the front row in the BA theatre as possible. They take row by row without regard to who was there first, lots of complaints but seemed like they were trying to keep it orderly.

Take earplugs. We found that there was no way to escape over loud noise in all of the common areas. There were annoying super loud games and contests conducted in the atrium every day making all the adjoining bars miserable loud. I had booked 4 cabins for the whole family including grandkids. We found it very difficult to find a space where we could gather together and have a conversation. The young adults I’d enjoy the zip line and other outdoor activities but we all agreed that we would never sail that ship again. It is clearer seeking a younger rowdier crowd. When we complained about noise to crew, they said they themselves complained to management all the time to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...
Take the middle elevator to the 12th deck, exit to the left and walk towards the staterooms. 14 rooms in, you will reach a stateroom with no number assigned. knock 9 times.. thank me later.

Haha, are you serious? :')

Take the middle elevator to the 12th deck, exit to the left and walk towards the staterooms. 14 rooms in, you will reach a stateroom with no number assigned. knock 9 times.. thank me later.

How much cash do I need? :cool:

Bring an all white outfit for the glow party. We brought a bunch of glow sticks I bought from amazon, kit had connectors that could make glasses, flowers, a big globe.. cost less than 10$ and we made a ton of friends handing out necklaces and bracelets throughout night.

Does anyone who has sailed on the Breakaway have any secret tips about the ship? (Best places to go, things to do, secret locations hard to find, etc) We are sailing on her for the 1st time in December.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We sailed on BA last March...i LOVE french onion soup and whether in the MDR or pay restaurants when i requested it the waiter went and found me some (even though sometimes it was not on the menu) not sure if this was just a one off...or if all the waiters do this... (Yes we tipped accordingly) :)

We are sailing on the TA from Copenhagen in October. Can someone tell us if there is a deck where we can walk for exercise? Not sure which deck offers a walking path. Thank you.

Take earplugs. We found that there was no way to escape over loud noise in all of the common areas. There were annoying super loud games and contests conducted in the atrium every day making all the adjoining bars miserable loud. I had booked 4 cabins for the whole family including grandkids. We found it very difficult to find a space where we could gather together and have a conversation. The young adults I’d enjoy the zip line and other outdoor activities but we all agreed that we would never sail that ship again. It is clearer seeking a younger rowdier crowd. When we complained about noise to crew, they said they themselves complained to management all the time to no avail.

• 1 month later...
We are sailing on the TA from Copenhagen in October. Can someone tell us if there is a deck where we can walk for exercise? Not sure which deck offers a walking path. Thank you.

Deck 16 has a walking path although not path walkers will sometimes get in your way if you want to fast walk or jog. You can also walk the outside promenade on deck 8 crossing over at the forward elevator hall.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Seeing how there are only 2 elevator banks, fore and aft, is the midship elevator a secret also? :confused:

Edited by razor7_us
mispelling

Seeing how there are only 2 elevator banks, fore and aft, is the midship elevator a secret also? :confused:

Shhhhhh... have another Martini. Look, there’s a bird flying along with us. What a nice sunset it is today.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 10 months later...