Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

I called into Celebrity today about some upcoming sailings. The Captain's Club representative stated that the program is being tried on Summit and Reflection.to see if it is working and tweaking it before rolling out to the other ships. For anyone who has gotten a reasonable upgrade, congratulations. I'll be interested to see how this works on an upcoming sailing with the bid process and the prices. Happy sails to everyone.

We are cruising on the Equinox at the end of this week and received the moveup email last week. It must already have been put in place for other ships.

My MoveUp experience,so I got the email,put in several bids we “won” an upgrade to an aqua class cabin,all good,problem started when I went to print new luggage tags. The website wouldn’t let me print them so I called celebrity,they told me I had to call my TA,so I did,my TA told me to wait 24 hrs before they would print. So I waited 24 hrs,website said check in was closed,no luggage tags,called my TA again and was told that I need to get them at the pier. No big deal but why didn’t celebrity tell me this the first time I called or sent this info as part of the winning bid notice. .???? Any way we’re going cruising and eating at Blu ! Luggage tags be damned!

Congrats. We received the MoveUp email today for our Equinox cruise on June 9. Has anyone else bidded and been successful or not. Curious to know how it's working out for them.

Just curious what your initial category was and what the upgrade choices were.

I read about this practice on the NCL board where the cruiseline has gotten people used to this bidding for upgrade system. Based on what I read, it seemed to work good for people wanting to go to the Haven suites. Not sure it is something I would ever use it unless it truly makes economic sense to me.

I'm sailing on Summit at the end of the month and received an offer. The cruise is really close to being sold out with only one Royal Suite left, no Aqua, no Concierge. The Move Up allowed me to bid on Sky, Celebrity and Royal suites. Sky started at 500/pp, CS at 1000, and RS st 1500. Seems a little ridiculous. When we booked, which was only about a month ago, Suite Guarantee was less than $1000 more than what we paid for our Aqua cabin. Sounds like it's intended for pyschological impulse buys. Sort of like candy and coke in the check out lane. Yet, my cruise may be unique. Others may find bargains if a cruise has a lot of availablity and they can accurately recall the pricing of other categories at their time of booking to compare the offer. Recalling this pricing is important.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a question about the move up bidding. If you bid and your offer is accepted do you lose all your perks you had before? Right now I'm in a concierge class cabin with all four perks right now and put in a bid for a celebrity suite if that helps at all

The toggle only moves up from $400 and goes up. They also have a meter on the side that shows you if your bid is weak or strong. Who in their right mind would even bid $400 per person never mind more?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Oh, I am sure they will find somebody that doesn't know any better. There's one (or more) in every crowd.

I know somebody that booked their first cruise and didn't want to say too much about what they should have done differently ... what's done is done and hopefully, ignorance is bliss!

This site has taught me how to be much more savvy over the years and with as many cruises as I've booked and taken, I am still learning the ins and outs of saving money, picking the right cabins and tours, taking advantage of different offers, etc.

I just received my MoveUP upgrade email for Solstice. We have two cabins in Aqua Class and have upgrade bidding options on 3 suites. The 3 suites are Sky, Celebrity and Royal. What's strange is when I look at availability on the cruise, it shows that there is only one suite available and that's a Royal Suite.

Another thing I am concerned about, if I bid and win on only one upgrade of my two cabins, I wonder if it forces the other 2 in my party (my adult children) to have to eat at Blu while we would have to eat at Luminae????

CHECK THAT...I just went on to the X website and now notice there is no availability at the Suite level...So why on earth are they providing 3 suites to bid on utilizing the MoveUP bidding program?

Edited by BubbaBoat
updated information

I just received my MoveUP upgrade email for Solstice. We have two cabins in Aqua Class and have upgrade bidding options on 3 suites. The 3 suites are Sky, Celebrity and Royal. What's strange is when I look at availability on the cruise, it shows that there is only one suite available and that's a Royal Suite.

Another thing I am concerned about, if I bid and win on only one upgrade of my two cabins, I wonder if it forces the other 2 in my party (my adult children) to have to eat at Blu while we would have to eat at Luminae????

Public access of viewing inventory doesn't show the "entire picture". For example, any unsold accessible sky suites won't display unless you specifically check off in your search that you need an accessible stateroom.

Unless they're inviting you to bid on an upgrade for both Aqua class staterooms, you would very well wind up in different dining rooms (Luminae/Blu) if your upgrade bid was accepted.

Question: Do you place a separate upgrade bid for each of the 3 types of suites?

We are in the same situation bubba. Two AC rooms, and actually only one offer to MoveUp. We're on the June 8 sail.

Seems to us like we'd be eating in Blu with our friends if we upgrade (since Suite guest eat anywhere if i'm not mistaken).

I think X is training us to upgrade earlier, and not wait until the last minute to see what we can get a better room for.

I seem to recall Royal and X saying they were trying to stop having the last minute sales because it impacted their earnings estimates. Our Move Up is offering room upgrades to rooms that have not been available for weeks, cause we have been watching to see if they would go down in price. Instead, they disappeared... all of them, seemingly overnight. Sadness ensued.

Normally, these unsold suites would go on sale, and we'd upgrade for a few bucks... based on their need to sell the unsold.

So this explains why, take it away, then they want it more... and control the bottom sale price. This way, they can guage who is willing to pay what for the rooms and not have to rely on the first person to grab up what they think they have to go down to in price.

I wonder if they are hiring... I would love to work in their revenue department.

Offer is WAY more than we usually spend to upgrade, so I doubt we will take the bait... but it is interesting to watch and see how this evolves.

We have often upgraded at last minute historically, and we're elite level... so those might have impacted us getting the offer. Oh, and our last name starts with a b... ha ha ha... so we have an alphabetical advantage!

Good times.

Just a question about the move up bidding. If you bid and your offer is accepted do you lose all your perks you had before? Right now I'm in a concierge class cabin with all four perks right now and put in a bid for a celebrity suite if that helps at all

No. You get to keep whatever you have on your current reservation. In your case, you still keep the Go Best. They terms state you just don't get anything additional that might be offered for that cabin class.

No I haven't and don't think I will. I'm sure their availability is super limited and I'd hate to have dining issues...It really isn't worth it to us to have a suite.

What is your ship and sail date?

No. You get to keep whatever you have on your current reservation. In your case, you still keep the Go Best. They terms state you just don't get anything additional that might be offered for that cabin class.

Thanks alot, I'm glad to know this

Currently in n sky suite...move up the Celebrity royal penthouse

Thanks. Do you submit 3 different bids (one for each category) or just one bid that covers them all?

One for each....they had different minimuns also...started at 400 pp

Thanks again. That makes sense. I'd definitely bid more for a chance for a PH than a CS. That is if I even bid at all!

As a Zenith I've never had a move up offer and don't expect to receive one. Would like to receive one just so that I might consider it. In 92 Celebrity cruises I've been upgraded only once. When booking a guarantee I've only received the lowest category of the guarantee and usually the least desirable cabin in the category. That's what can happen with a guarantee and I accept that. But, I either I have the worst luck or Zenith level disqualifies me from any upgrade benefits. One HD told me that Celebrity doesn't really want to upgrade Zeniths since they will think of it as a benefit.

I just got an offer for the Equinox 6/30, Royal suite 900.00-4000.00, Celebrity suite 700.00-3000.00, Sky suite 500.00-2000.00. Funny thing is that suites have shown as unavailable for quite a while. I upgraded from an 2B to an A2 for 70.00 and got 75.00 additional on board credit, which is a much better deal!