Wonderful Copenhagen 2018 edition.

Just to be correct, it is the Hey Captain harbour cruise?

And all dates in 2018 the Silhuette is docked at Langeliniekaj except for the 10th of July where its at Oceankaj.

Walking from Langeliniekaj to Kvæsthusbroen where Hey Captain departs from takes 25-30 minutes but you will pass the little Mermaid, Kastellet and the Gefion fountain on your way so there is something to look at.

But else you can take the 26 bus from Indiakaj just at the end of Langelinie at the roundabout to dronningens Tværgade, from here its an easy walk to Sankt Annæ Plads and you will find Kvæsthusbroen at the end of that square.

Danish Viking

And all dates in 2018 the Silhuette is docked at Langeliniekaj except for the 10th of July where its at Oceankaj.

Just wondering why it's the only time it docks there when Celebrity from my experience always dock at

Langeliniekaj. How many ships can dock at Langeliniekaj, I know when we have docked there before there was more than one ship. Also curious because the same Silhouette sailing docks at Nynashamn instead of Stockholm which is a first. With all the cutbacks on Celebrity the cynic in me thinks these docks are cheaper and they are testing the water or they can make more on shuttles/tours.

Danish Viking

Just wondering why it's the only time it docks there when Celebrity from my experience always dock at

Langeliniekaj. How many ships can dock at Langeliniekaj, I know when we have docked there before there was more than one ship. Also curious because the same Silhouette sailing docks at Nynashamn instead of Stockholm which is a first. With all the cutbacks on Celebrity the cynic in me thinks these docks are cheaper and they are testing the water or they can make more on shuttles/tours.

Not DV

but if it is a port stop the ships usually use Langelinie if possible

If a turnaround (embarking/ disembarking ) they use the other quays where there are facilities for offloading baggage in a proper building

JMO

Ideally I would do both Frederiksborg Palace and Kronborg Castle.

First you take S-train line E to Hillerød from where you can walk to the Palace.

Train time is 42 minutes and the train runs every 10th minute and walking time from Hillerød station to the castle is around 18 minutes.

Or you can take bus 301 towards Ullerød, Ålholmparken or or 302 towards Sophienlund, Sophienborg and get off at Frederiksborg Slot after 5 minutes.

When you going back you just walk the same way back or take the bus in the reverse direction.

Going from Hillerød to Helsingør is very easy, just take the Lokalbanen train to Helsingør, it takes 26 minutes and the train goes 25 and 55 past the hour.

Kronborg Castle is visible from the train station.

The Maritime Museum is located en route from Helsingør Station to Kronborg Castle and is very much worth a visit.

Going back to Copenhagen you just take the Øresundstog train back to Copenhagen. this trip takes 46 minutes and the train goes 18, 38 and 58 past the hour.

If you are not to tired after that long day you can finish off in Tivoli with a nice dinner and a walk around the park.

If you do this trip you will get a total saving of 54 Euro if you get the Copenhagen Card. (162 versus 108 euro)

If you do this you could start at the central station around 08:30 and be at Frederiksborg slot just before the opening.

It should then be possible to take the 12:55 train to Helsingør and that gives you around 4 hours in Helsingør.

At Kronborg they close at 17:30 and the maritime museum at 17:00 so perhaps you should go for that one first.

Its probably first realistic to reach the 18:18 or 18:38 train back to Copenhagen and that will get you back to Copenhagen at 19:04 or 19:24.

Then its dinner time in Tivoli and then you could stay until the lights gets on when it gets darker.

Thank you!

If we are able to do this it will be after disembarking from our ship and getting to our hotel...so I think we'll probably only have time for 1...

Now I'm thinking if we can only do 1 we will Fredericksburg. What do you think?

Also, do we need to make reservations at Groften at Tivoli? We usually like to eat around 6:30 or 7pm. We are thinking of going there, having dinner and staying to see it at night.

Thank you,

Chris

Not DV

but if it is a port stop the ships usually use Langelinie if possible

If a turnaround (embarking/ disembarking ) they use the other quays where there are facilities for offloading baggage in a proper building

JMO

Thank you for your reply. That is part of the reason I'm cynical because it's a one day port stop not a turn-a-round which Oceankaj is more set up for.

Thank you!

If we are able to do this it will be after disembarking from our ship and getting to our hotel...so I think we'll probably only have time for 1...

Also, do we need to make reservations at Groften at Tivoli? We usually like to eat around 6:30 or 7pm. We are thinking of going there, having dinner and staying to see it at night.

Thank you,

Chris

Oh sorry DV....we'll be eating there on Sat night June 2nd...like I said around 6:30...I prefer not to make a reservation in case we are running late or our plans change...but if it's difficult to eat there without one we will make a reservation! If we made one for 7:30p & arrived early maybe they would seat us....

Edited by stonepebble
wrong date!

Danish Viking

Good question, only Queen Victoria is at Langelinie that day so there should be space for one more ship.

Thank you!

Thank you,

Chris

I would choose Frederiksborg Palace over Kronborg.

I´m not sure that a reservation at Grøften is needed.

The easiest way is to go by taxi.

Other options would include train to the central station and then walk or take bus 34 to the Tivoli hotel. (direction Søvang, Rønnevej)

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

@Danishviking Thank you for your help for our first hotel. We also have a hotel for one night after our cruise. This one was chosen to be walking distance to Central Train Station so we can catch the train to the airport the following morning. I understand both are budget hotels/hostels. One is Annex Copenhagen Hotel and the other is the Saga Hotel. Price difference is negligible and reviews seem in favor of Annex, except for maybe it's exact location. What is your opinion on that? And would the best way to get to either of those hotels from Oceankaj? Taxi? I am not opposed to a bus and train ride. Thanks again. ��

Could you please tell me how to get to my hotel from the airport using public transportation?

Mitchellsgade 14

Take the train (not the metro) to Copenhagen Central station from the airport. Tickets cost 36 DKK

When you are at the central station, exit by the stairs/elevators on the rear end of the platform to Tietgensgade. From there it's just an easy 5 minute walk to your hotel.

@Danishviking Thank you for your help for our first hotel. We also have a hotel for one night after our cruise. This one was chosen to be walking distance to Central Train Station so we can catch the train to the airport the following morning. I understand both are budget hotels/hostels. One is Annex Copenhagen Hotel and the other is the Saga Hotel. Price difference is negligible and reviews seem in favor of Annex, except for maybe it's exact location. What is your opinion on that? And would the best way to get to either of those hotels from Oceankaj? Taxi? I am not opposed to a bus and train ride. Thanks again. ��

It seems that both hotels are in the same block. So location wise, they don't differ that much. Note that this is in the red light district. It's not an unpleasant or unsafe area, but you will notice certain shops and associated activities. Halmtorvet/The Meat packing District just next to the hotels is a nice open square with a lot of cafés and restaurants.

For Oceankaj, you can take any northbound S-train to either Østerport or Nørreport station, and a bus onwards from there. Check http://www.Journeyplanner.dk for public transport connection and Danish Viking's guide. A ticket costs 24 DKK. A taxi will cost around 200 DKK. It should be very easy to get a taxi in that area.

Take the train (not the metro) to Copenhagen Central station from the airport. Tickets cost 36 DKK

When you are at the central station, exit by the stairs/elevators on the rear end of the platform to Tietgensgade. From there it's just an easy 5 minute walk to your hotel.

Thank you! That’s terrific. I will travel with an 11 year old and a 17 year old. I am a senior. Is there a family ticket or discount?

Yes Malmö is a very nice city and worth a visit.

If you take the 25 or 27 bus to Østerport or Nørreport you can take a train to Sweden, they go normally every 20th minute so its very easy to do.

If you are 2 persons there is money to safe by buying the Øresund familie billet instead of single tickets.

A single ticket costs 89 kroner but Øresund Familie for 2 adults (and 3 children) only 144 kroner.

Double the amount to get the price for the return ticket.

Copenhagen hotel question ! I am dizzy looking at hotels.... just when I thought I had narrowed down the list to a few I read a review stating the hotels in that area are in the Red Light district (Scandic Webbers and the Firs Hotel Mayfair). Otherwise, the reviews are mixed but I have expended too much time already.... My second choice was hotels closer to the airport (Bella Marriott or Park Inn by Radisson) and Google map tells me they are 24-30 minute train ride from the center city. Do any of you past visitors to Copenhagen have any knowledge of these hotels ? They are in the right price range ($150 and less) but I don't want to sacrifice tooo much for the price ! Thanks in advance. I am new to this board so hopefully I have posted in the proper place.

Edited by mlh0500
I forgot to mention we are looking for July 1 - 4.

Bella Sky and Park Inn are around 10-15 minutes away from the city center with metro so its not so bad.

But Webers is located on Vesterbrogade and Mayfair is located very close to Vesterbrogade on Helgolandsgade.

So if you just avoid Istedgade and walk to your hotel via Vesterbrogade you will never see anything.

All the funny shops are located in and around Istedgade.