Upgrade to handicap unit?

The accessible staterooms have more space for the same cost as a non-accessible stateroom in the same category.

Bathrooms are larger too, but you may not like the shower as they typically are "open" and put water all over the bathroom floor.

this one will be in deck 3, we were in deck 10 before. this is our first time in Oasis and not sure about location.

To be honest not sure why they moved us , should I request another room?

I booked OV guaranteed so I could not choose my cabin, I had 10100 and my TA just informed me RCI upgraded me (It's bigger but on a lower deck ) I will call today and see what the deal is

I would only consider it an upgrade if they gave you an oceanview balcony or at least a neighborhood balcony on one of the Oasis class ships. Moving from oceanview on deck 10 to oceanview on deck three would be a "downgrade" to me.

With that said, handicap accessible cabins are wonderful. Im paraplegic so thats all I can use. They are near twice the size of a regular counterpart in the same category and have a much larger bathroom.

If you booked a guarantee, then you get what you get unfortunately. If you booked oceanview guarantee, and are still in at least an oceanview, then you wouldn't really have cause to complain about the "upgrade." An oceanview on deck 10 would be a 6N right at the very front of the ship. The deck 3 cabin is a 1N, and closer to the elevator (so faster access to other floors), plus it is bigger (due to being handicap accessible), so there are some advantages for this cabin over one on deck 10.

Now, if you booked the specific cabin on deck 10, and truly are unhappy about the upgrade, then your TA should be pushing to get your original cabin back.

While the accessible cabins are larger, needed for wheelchair movement, the bathroom configuration is much different than other cabins in the same class. As previously mentioned, there is no step up into the shower so water will likely go on the bathroom floor. Plus, on some ships there is little or no shelving under the bathroom sink for storage, because a wheelchair would need to roll in there.

I’m always surprised when Royal Caribbean assigned those cabins, unless it is close to sail date.

M

this one will be in deck 3, we were in deck 10 before. this is our first time in Oasis and not sure about location.

To be honest not sure why they moved us , should I request another room?

If the Special Needs cabin is on deck 3 is it a balcony? More than likely not. Although the cabin is larger I would stay with a balcony on deck 10

Do you have mobility issues and require an accessible cabin? On 2 recent cruises we had friends wishing to sail with us who required accessible cabins. None available thus they were not able to join us. Don't see why they would assign you if you do not need the features of accessible.

Do you have mobility issues and require an accessible cabin? On 2 recent cruises we had friends wishing to sail with us who required accessible cabins. None available thus they were not able to join us. Don't see why they would assign you if you do not need the features of accessible.

Because the cruise is in 2 weeks. Of course they are going to sell or upgrade someone to it

i never had a balcony, both were ocean views , one on deck 10 obstructed ocean view At the end of the ship (cabin 10100) and now an ocean view handicap unit mid section deck 3. Unit is bigger and with a Pullman . After research, I’m not going to request a change , unit is bigger and midship . I think we’ll be ok

i never had a balcony, both were ocean views , one on deck 10 obstructed ocean view At the end of the ship (cabin 10100) and now an ocean view handicap unit mid section deck 3. Unit is bigger and with a Pullman . After research, I’m not going to request a change , unit is bigger and midship . I think we’ll be ok

It's a great upgrade. You'll love the 2 big windows

Those front of the ship cabins are also larger, since they have what is kind of unusable space where the front of the ship slopes down. We sailed in one last year and loved it.

If you booked a guarantee, then you get what you get unfortunately. If you booked oceanview guarantee, and are still in at least an oceanview, then you wouldn't really have cause to complain about the "upgrade." An oceanview on deck 10 would be a 6N right at the very front of the ship. The deck 3 cabin is a 1N, and closer to the elevator (so faster access to other floors), plus it is bigger (due to being handicap accessible), so there are some advantages for this cabin over one on deck 10.

Now, if you booked the specific cabin on deck 10, and truly are unhappy about the upgrade, then your TA should be pushing to get your original cabin back.

A blast from the past! Good seeing you again.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk