Mariner Of The Seas Refurbishment

Hi,

The Mariner Of The Seas is to be refurbished this year according to the RCI website. Does anyone know when this will happen and what changes will be made ?

Also, on a side note, does anyone know how to contact the Diamond concierge currently on board the Mariner Of The Seas ?

Many thanks in advance.

Well, seeing is how I'm booked on her, out of Singapore next February...... I sure hope it isn't moving haha.

But they better not remove the inline skating track! It seems so random and out dated in this day and age..... That I was actually looking forward to trying it out.

Well, seeing is how I'm booked on her, out of Singapore next February...... I sure hope it isn't moving haha.

But they better not remove the inline skating track! It seems so random and out dated in this day and age..... That I was actually looking forward to trying it out.

I don't believe it's on any of the other Voyager class ships so my guess is it will be gone during the refurbishment.

we were on Mariner March 30th and the rink is still there.

Anything changed on the ship? The ship had a 9-10 days window in March with no sailing and according to the crew i spoke to in Nov last year, they said it was for a drydock.

"As part of the deployment plans for 2018-2019, the Mariner of the Seas will reposition to a new home in Miami, embarking on a “Global Odyssey” from Asia that features three long sailings from Singapore to Dubai; Dubai to Barcelona; and Barcelona to Miami." - Cruise Industry News :)

Great to be getting Mariner back! I imagine they will need to have a large dry dock to "de-asianize" her.

Plus, Mariner has not had the flowrider or deck 12 staterooms added (and probably suite lounge and Izumi).

When the Voyager class ships started coming into service I thought the in-line skating track was the most gimmicky of all the new venues that came along with this class of ship. The track is short, narrow, winding, and half the time you are skating into the wind. I found it pretty useless.

When the Voyager class ships started coming into service I thought the in-line skating track was the most gimmicky of all the new venues that came along with this class of ship. The track is short, narrow, winding, and half the time you are skating into the wind. I found it pretty useless.

I thought the same of the boxing ring on Freedom class.

Plus, Mariner has not had the flowrider or deck 12 staterooms added (and probably suite lounge and Izumi).

I hope it is not a must to add the staterooms on deck 12 to all Voyager/Freedom class ships! The section for Adventure had already been built so they have to add it in Jan 18 but hopefully they stop this nonsense therafter as it does not make the ships any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I hope it is not a must to add the staterooms on deck 12 to all Voyager/Freedom class ships! The section for Adventure had already been built so they have to add it in Jan 18 but hopefully they stop this nonsense therafter as it does not make the ships any better.

It makes the ships more profitable for the cruise line.

It makes the ships more profitable for the cruise line.

Honestly I don't care as a passenger. Of course this applies to all ships, they could add decks and cabins to all of them. However, some do it and some don't. To squeeze in more people is just one option to increase profit. And the return on investment for the ugly cabin hat should be at least 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...
Hi all. Anyone know if a Flowrider will be added to the Mariner? Also what does de-Asianize mean? Thanks,

Carnen & Ian

I would be very surprised if they did not add a Flowrider as they have on other Voyager class ships.

De-Asianize means turning the extra gambling venues back into the multi-use public venues they used to be.

Hi,

I decided to book a short Bahamas cruise on the Mariner of the Seas for December 2018. I have cruised aboard the other Voyager class ships (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure and Navigator), but I have never cruise aboard the Mariner. After this cruise, I will have cruised aboard every ship in this class.

I booked this cruise early so that I could get a center hump balcony stateroom.

This represents a big improvement of the ships that Royal Caribbean assigns to the short Bahamas cruises.

Chuck

Hi,

The Mariner Of The Seas is to be refurbished this year according to the RCI website. Does anyone know when this will happen and what changes will be made ?

Not sure when she actually goes into dry dock.

Only information I can find says 'Oasis updates'

The ship’s scheduled 2017 drydock refurbishment will result in the following deck plan changes:

• On Sports Deck 13, the RCI’s signature waterslides “Cyclone” and “Typhoon” will be installed. Also on deck 13, a FlowRider (surfing simulator) will be installed.
  • On Spa Deck 12 (aft), the new “Slashaway Bay” kids aqua park will be added. This is a new-design interactive water play area with cannons and geysers. It will replace the Outdoor Youth Area (aka “back deck”).

Edited by icsys