Looking for any Carnival Dream secrets and/or tips you can share!

blissfulgirl

We are super excited!!! Booked our first Carnival cruise on the Dream, cruising July 2018. I am interested in any secrets about the ship or any tips you are willing to share. We have booked an inside cabin and are traveling with our two teenage boys 13 & 15. Any cabin tips, deck tips/secrets, best dining, best hangout for us as well as the boys, etc. would be greatly appreciated [emoji4].

We are super excited!!! Booked our first Carnival cruise on the Dream, cruising July 2018. I am interested in any secrets about the ship or any tips you are willing to share. We have booked an inside cabin and are traveling with our two teenage boys 13 & 15. Any cabin tips, deck tips/secrets, best dining, best hangout for us as well as the boys, etc. would be greatly appreciated [emoji4].

Tandoor (Indian) is part of Lido buffet and is located all the way aft (back) on the starboard (right) side of the ship. So delicious! I choose Tandoor for lunch every day on our Dream, Magic, Breeze, and Splendor cruises. I wish it was available on all Carnival ships.

I am interested in any secrets about the ship or any tips you are willing to share. We have booked an inside cabin and are traveling with our two teenage boys 13 & 15. Any cabin tips, deck tips/secrets

Sounds like you're looking for the hidden decks. On the Dream they're on decks 6, 7, 9, 10, and 11 but here's how to find and get to hidden decks on any Carnival ship without any advance research...

2Gr09l_XsnQ

Filmed on the Glory but it still works.

Also, lots of hot tubs on deck 5.

The Dream has a pasta restaurant that's free for lunch. On embarkation day most people just go to Guys Burgers/Blue Iguana by the pool or to the Lido buffet, so the pasta place is uncrowded. Just go to the Lido buffet at the back of the boat on deck 10 and go up the stairs to deck 11. You pick the pasta, your sauce, and add-ins; plus you get breadsticks and a salad. Many people never even know that it's there.

Guys Pig and Anchor is outstanding if you like BBQ. It's only open on sea days and for a few hours each day, so look at the Fun Times for the days/hours. I echo the pasta place - go during lunch because they charge if you eat there for dinner. It is delicious!

Guys Pig and Anchor is outstanding if you like BBQ. It's only open on sea days and for a few hours each day, so look at the Fun Times for the days/hours. I echo the pasta place - go during lunch because they charge if you eat there for dinner. It is delicious!

The Dream doesn't have Cucina del Capitano. It has Pasta Bella. Pasta Bella is free and is only open for lunch.

Is Pasta Bella located in the Steak restaurant? I looked for it on deck plans and couldn't find it.

The Lido restaurant has a second level. The stairs to that level are behind the dessert station. The aft elevators stop there as well. It is on the Panorama deck. It isn't labeled.

I highly recommend the Cheers! package (and Bottomless Bubbles for your teenagers). You don't need to drink like a fish to make it pay for itself -- alcoholic drinks are pretty expensive onboard, but the Cheers! package also includes coffees, juices, and sodas.

While you can go to the Lido deck buffet just about any time you want, we always enjoy breakfast in the main dining room (on port days) or the Seaday Brunch in the MDR (on sea days). Slower than the buffet, but not nearly as crowded. Plus, it's vacation and it's nice to have someone bring you your food.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't travel the dream yet but did the behind the fun tour on breeze. My family really enjoyed it. It was pricey but the same cost as an off the ship excursion. If going to Cozumel pre book mr sanchos for a small deposit of 2.00 I believe. Catch a taxi there from the port. Whether you do all inclusive or just the water park, your sons will enjoy the toys there. There is also banana boats, jet ski and parasailing for extra charge but you won't have to go anywhere to get something for everyone. They have massages there and swimming pools too. Our teens really enjoy cruising for the past several years and mostly enjoy when we let them enjoy themselves on the ship. They just have to check in with us but can use the pools, arcades or the teen clubs. They usually meet other teens there that they hang out with or just sit around and talk and eat pizza and ice cream, both are free and 24 hours. I second getting the hub app and for 5.00 each your group can text for free. Eliminate need for Walkie talkies or even carrying around the fun times ...you can see what is going on each day, see the menus and even mark the activities you will attend. We usually eat in the main dining each evening but do not force the kids to join if they wish to do other things. It gives us alone time too and sometimes they may eat a late lunch and not be hungry for dinner. If they do come to dinner, the option to choose multiple types of dishes or even swap or share entrees or appetizers makes it more appealing. Some nights you can make your meal up of two appetizers or just have an app and dessert and it is perfectly ok and all included. The sea day brunch is fantastic, we make a point to eat in the dining room on those mornings, they serve until 1pm and the food is excellent. One final tip is that the gym has the best amenities for showering or getting dressed in the evenings especially when sharing a room with a family. The gym is open each day until 10 I believe and the showers are usually empty by 5 or 6pm and you can get dressed there, use the space. I make a point to do this every cruise, even when it's just two of us because there is so much space from the tiny shower in the cabins. Hangout space that we absolutely love is right outside of guest services on deck 3, there are chairs out there, it is shaded and a great place to read, listen to music or just watch the sea go by. A lot of people use this deck to get away from the noise and enjoy the ocean from a private spot, especially if you do not have a balcony. I love cruising and know your family will too after their first one. If I think of more I will come back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums