Need advice from those that have cruised Pullmantur Sovereign please

just erica

Hi there, I would just like a little feedback, opinions and info about this cruise. We are looking at the November 12th Mediterranean out of Barcelona.

Ive cruised with Carnival, Royal Caribbean and recently on the MSC Seaside. We like good service and good food (especially Mediterranean style food). We are not ones to do extra things on a cruise. I have decided that I am just not a big ship fan.

Can anyone who has cruised this ship give me some practical advice? The price point I have received for this cruise is insane and I find it almost to good to be true.

Basically we are looking to get away for a week and I do not want to do the Caribbean. We have sailed the Mediterranean before and are looking for a more relaxed trip this time around. The price is a huge consideration as we are on a budget and the flights are going to be expensive.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated!

there is not much info anywhere on any of the ships however there is a great review on here from a cruiser on board Horizon doing a Canaries Cruise, different ship and itinerary to yours but gives you an idea on cabins, menus activities etc as daily planners are included and drinks/ food menu

there is not much info anywhere on any of the ships however there is a great review on here from a cruiser on board Horizon doing a Canaries Cruise, different ship and itinerary to yours but gives you an idea on cabins, menus activities etc as daily planners are included and drinks/ food menu

Thank you so much! I see that you are going for your honeymoon this month. How exciting!! Wish you all the best for your big day.

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked out of Barcelona on Nov 5th. Have sailed pullmantur times. Once on the Horizon and twice on the Monarch.

We have enjoyed all of the cruises. The Sovereign is the Monarchs sister ship, so we should not get lost on the ship...

We are booked on the November 12th sailing out of Barcelona. Would love to hear your thoughts when you return! Great that you have enjoyed your cruises with them. Based on what I have read so far, I feel like I'm going to love them too.

• 1 month later...

Have cruised with them before on the Zenith and will be on the Sovereign next month out of Barcelona.

They are a very Spanish line and most of the other guest will be Spanish but don’t let that put you off,as all the staff speak English and tannoy messages are repeated in English. They may not have all the bells and whistles of some of the bigger lines but they are good at what they do. The shore excursions are mostly in Spanish this is true but they do some in English if they get enough takers or they may have a guide who speaks a couple of languages,say German and English and will repeat in both. The other good thing is all your drinks are included in the price. They also say the gratuity’s are also included in price but not sure about as I have read a few comments saying this is not the case and that gratuity was added to account at the end of cruise,will have to see next month. The entertainment is mainly dance based but the CD speaks mainly Spanish. But there are plenty of bars around the ship and the Spanish love to dance, ballroom and Latin.

Hope this helps.

Have cruised with them before on the Zenith and will be on the Sovereign next month out of Barcelona.

They are a very Spanish line and most of the other guest will be Spanish but don’t let that put you off,as all the staff speak English and tannoy messages are repeated in English. They may not have all the bells and whistles of some of the bigger lines but they are good at what they do. The shore excursions are mostly in Spanish this is true but they do some in English if they get enough takers or they may have a guide who speaks a couple of languages,say German and English and will repeat in both. The other good thing is all your drinks are included in the price. They also say the gratuity’s are also included in price but not sure about as I have read a few comments saying this is not the case and that gratuity was added to account at the end of cruise,will have to see next month. The entertainment is mainly dance based but the CD speaks mainly Spanish. But there are plenty of bars around the ship and the Spanish love to dance, ballroom and Latin.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your reply! I appreciate your thoughts. We are booked out of Barcelona as well but this November. I would love to read your review/thoughts when you return. There is a new Pullmantur board now.