Best DIY Way to Spend the day: Family with 2 kids (ages 2 & 9) + Grandparents?

sailawaybellaluna

Hi all!

Wondering what your best way to DIY Key West would be, assuming there are two small children and grandparents along for the journey?

We'll be there next month on the Rotterdam, so I'm not sure which pier we'll be docked at?

I've been to Key West twice...Wandered around one time, ate key lime pie, and enjoyed the historical homes. On a previous visit I toured Hemingway's home and did a proper tour.

I'm open to anything to be honest! My husband isn't a fan of boats (a ship is the smallest he's comfortable on), so no glass bottomed boat for us...

I was considering the trolley or the Conch Train, but the reviews seem very mixed.

I'd love your suggestions!

We'll be there from 11am - 6pm!

• 1 month later...

So much for your to do with the kids!

The Shipwreck Museum is perfect for them, stairs though to the 2nd level and top. The aquarium is great for kids. Bathrooms are next door in the mall. Mallory Square at night for sunset, but it gets very crowded and not many places to sit once you walk away from the restaurants/shops.

There's a Ripley's Believe it or Not, air conditioned and fun. The Butterfly museum they may like but want to run around chasing the butterflies which is frowned upon. Hemingway's Home is great, they will have fun. A cool lighthouse across the street with a museum and gift shop. Truman's Little White House - they may be too young though.