Silversea Cruises Alcohol Policy

LauraS

One addition - although Silversea does not offer alcohol for sale in the Boutique, some excellent bargains can be had by purchasing wine and spirits from the Connoisseur's List to bring home.

The multiple articles about alcohol on a mainstream cruise line (Cunard), Premium Pus cruise lines (Oeaania and Azamara) and the true luxury cruise lines is interesting. I was a bit surprised that a couple of spirits with a price tag on Crystal do not have a price tag on other luxury line.

Cunard's policy is typical of what we have read for mainstream cruise lines - no one can take alcohol on board, etc.

Not sure what I think of Azamara's included standard (I read it as what is called "well drinks" in the U.S.) drinks as I would think that most premium plus and luxury cruisers would prefer a higher level than "standard".

I do think that Oceania is a great choice for people that do not drink and don't mind being on a ship that is one small step down from luxury.

One addition - although Silversea does not offer alcohol for sale in the Boutique, some excellent bargains can be had by purchasing wine and spirits from the Connoisseur's List to bring home.

that is very true - exception made for the 2 Europa sisters they do have a very friendly priced wine list

especially in champagne and Italian wines

until now the only cruise line where i found Pol Roger champagne

• 1 month later...
The multiple articles about alcohol on a mainstream cruise line (Cunard), Premium Pus cruise lines (Oeaania and Azamara) and the true luxury cruise lines is interesting. I was a bit surprised that a couple of spirits with a price tag on Crystal do not have a price tag on other luxury line.

Cunard's policy is typical of what we have read for mainstream cruise lines - no one can take alcohol on board, etc.

Not sure what I think of Azamara's included standard (I read it as what is called "well drinks" in the U.S.) drinks as I would think that most premium plus and luxury cruisers would prefer a higher level than "standard".

I do think that Oceania is a great choice for people that do not drink and don't mind being on a ship that is one small step down from luxury.

Have never had a problem taking any kind of alcohol aboard a Cunard ship. Were you thinking of another cruise line???

Have never had a problem taking any kind of alcohol aboard a Cunard ship. Were you thinking of another cruise line???

Can you take spirits on Cunard or just wine/champagne?

Most mainstream line only allow wine to be taken aboard in limited quanties