Shanghai - chinese new year 2019

MikeandBobNC

Our cruise will be ending in Shanghai on what I understand is the Eve of Chinese New Year - Sunday Feb, 3 2019. We would like to spend at least one day/night in Shanghai before heading back to the US. Does anyone know if we should have any concerns about getting to the airport due to traffic disruption related to celebrations on Chinese New Year?

Thanks!

Mike

• 1 month later...
Our cruise will be ending in Shanghai on what I understand is the Eve of Chinese New Year - Sunday Feb, 3 2019. We would like to spend at least one day/night in Shanghai before heading back to the US. Does anyone know if we should have any concerns about getting to the airport due to traffic disruption related to celebrations on Chinese New Year?

Thanks!

Mike

As a matter of fact, getting around in major cities in China around Chinese New Year would seldom encounter major traffic congestion, the holiday period will last for a week to ten days. Huge portion of the people that are employed within these cities would return to their home town for family reunion and deserted these major cities. I am sure that major hotels in Shanghai can get you reliable transportation.

Thanks!

Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure if you have already joined the roll call, but Hi, I'm Debbi we are on the same cruise.

I'm staying for 3 nights in Shanghai and from what I understand it should be not as busy as normal. But I could be wrong.

Chat soon,

Debbi :)