Picture-A-Week 2018 - Week 15

pierces

Every morning, Kim comes down with her cup of coffee, sets it on the table and goes to the cabinet for Cookie's goodies. She distributes one Mini-Jumbone, one chicken jerky (certified made in America) and one dog bone. The dog confirms delivery and goes about her business. During the day, she will eat the jerkey and perform the Bone Dance where she runs around like a crazy dog with the Mini-Jumbone, doing 360s and finally settling down to eat it. The dog bone? We believe she thinks they are money. During the day she will hide it with all the others in the crevice between the cushion and wall of Fort Cookie (her big, deep dog bed). We commend her for managing her own 401-K9.

The Banker

p2829839436-5.jpg

Dave

Late to the thread for this shooting week, because I never got around to offloading my memory card until this weekend - last weekend I hit the wetlands for just a few hours later in the afternoon because I was stuck home most of the day working on getting my house rewired for high-speed internet and full HD (1977 house). So because I had so few pics, I waited until I went out shooting THIS weekend, added those shots to the card, then downloaded it all yesterday.

Anyway, here are some of those wildlife shots from the brief wetlands visit on April 14th:

The boring white ibises have become a little more attractive with their mating colors turning on the seriously rich reds in those long curved bills:

original.jpg

A black-necked stilt using those namesake legs to wade through the shallows looking for food:

original.jpg

Three growing wood stork chicks all competing for whatever food drops out of mom's bill:

original.jpg

A closeup of the prehistoric-looking wood stork:

original.jpg

A black-bellied whistling duck flying past:

original.jpg

800f56.jpg

Practicing using long lens before going to Alaska in a month. Checking out my 400/2.8 using a TC20 III converter on my new D500 body. That makes a 1200/5.6 effective view.

100% view @ http://www.fastpictureframing.com/ak/800f56.jpg

I doubt I'll take that combo this trip, failed to get an upgrade to a lower level balcony. I liked using it off my balcony in GBNP in the past.

This was taken wide open @ 1/4000 f/5.6 ISO 800

framer

100% view @ http://www.fastpictureframing.com/ak/800f56.jpg

This was taken wide open @ 1/4000 f/5.6 ISO 800

framer

The 100% view was excellent. The sun reflecting off his eye, to the pattern of his individual feather layering really stands out in this shot.

Thank you to you and all in these threads who share photos each week. I will try and join in as the weather improves up north here a bit.