Priority Boarding questions

Tejas57

can someone explain to me how priority works? we have priority boarding for my upcoming cruise out of brisbane due to having an intellectually impaired child.

does this mean we get an early check in time or are we given one like normal and we just have diffrent queues in the terminal to get though checkin and customs easier?

also, whats the earliest time we can board? they obviously need to get all the incoming pax off first and do turnaround so i'm thinking 11 or 12

Hi, I can't answer all of your questions seen as we have never had priority boarding. However we do special assistance (wheelchair) and the boarding time isn't checked at all - although we do have an assigned time. There is a special line that they send the elderly, disabled etc through. The special assistance people are also very assertive when it comes to pushing through to the security / immigration people but I don't think you will have one assigned to you.

I hope you have a great cruise

• 3 weeks later...

you usually get ushered straight to the check in counter in front of the cue this is what happens here in Melbourne

no earlier boarding time

have had priority check in before and been in our cabin in 10 minuites

My daughter has a wheelchair and gets assistance.

We normally drop our bags off early 8.30 and check what time boarding will commence usually about 10.30.

There is a special line up and a place to sit you will be given a card with a number.

You will need to complete the health questionnaire and outgoing passenger card before being taken to a special queue for Cruise card photo and Check in.

You will then be reseating before being taking onto the ship. In most cases we have been on board by 11.30.

I know you are aware of your child’s coping ability.

It is quite noisy and very busy.

Just a suggestion If you lived locally it might be worth going for a trial run before the actual cruise.

We did that prior to our daughters first cruise and she now has done 13. It also makes it a bit less stressful for Mum and Dad as well to know the procedures beforehand.

If your thinking about kids club go up and have a chat to the supervisor they are very accommodating.

I hope you have a great time, it is one of the best ways to enjoy yourselves away from the day to day routine of having a disabled child.

Sent from my iPad using Forums