Live from the Prinsendam - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer - May 5th, 2018

kazu

All my bags aren’t packed, not ready to go, no taxi sitting outside my door but all that will happen ;) Our ship sails next Saturday so setting up my LIVE thread so I can report easily & share the link with my roll call. Some are leaving early as we are. Time in FLL sounds good after the brutal winter we have had.

We have a great roll call and I am hoping they will join in when they have time. It’s always great to have different experiences on a LIVE thread.

A lot of new ports for us and some repeats that we are happy to do again. The cruise is in 2 segments. The 1st is the TA & the Azores and the 2nd is the Celtic Explorer. Turnaround port is Dover on the Royal Wedding day!

E8T28S.jpg

Some on our roll call are doing the 1st segment, some the 2nd and a lot are doing the Collectors. We are on for the entire 28 days but, for the first time Kazu booked this one as a B2B and is deliberately changing rooms, thanks to the great help and advice I got on the boards. (That will be interesting. ;) )

We’ll all be waving to you at sail a way. You’ll find us aft on the Lower Promenade deck (the deck with the walk around deck) right behind the dining room with flags.

Ask any questions and, if I can get the answers, I will. No unlimited internet on the P'dam but I plan to do regular reports internet permitting. I hope the sea day reports won’t be too boring for you. Our roll call does have some “stuff” planned which should be fun.

I hope you will join us and enjoy our ports and experiences as much as we all hope to. :D

Wishing you Happy Sailing and Bon Voyage Jacqui....a wonderful itinerary which I am sure you will enjoy!:)

And I believe you said on the Future Cruisers list that you have a B-day on board, so Happy Birthday as well!

I will follow along with your live thread as I can do so, as I will be on the Bermuda cruise part of the time you are sailing.

Safe Travels and Enjoy!:D

Bon Voyage Jacqui - after the winter you've had, you certainly deserve some warm days to thaw out and be able to enjoy a wonderful cruise. I'll be waving back at you from my computer screen, wishing you fair winds and following seas.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Jacqui,

Thanks for starting your "live from" thread.

I'm onboard Prinsendam for the first segment, disembarking in Dover to spend three weeks with friends in London.

I'll try to add some of my experiences to your thread while onboard.

I'll be in Fort Lauderdale next Thursday (May 3) and look forward to meeting you and everybody else.

Glenn

Look forward to vicariously enjoying your cruise! Have lots of fun and hope all flights are on time and “ uneventful”.

Regards,

On cruise I

We fly to Miami on May 4. Unfortunately it looks like Air France will be on strike May 3 4 7 and 8 but nobody can tell how many/which flights will be cancelled. Coming Monday our TA will be looking for alternative flights with either Delta and KLM since they belong to Skyteam which means flying from Amsterdam to either Atlanta or JFK. Keep fingers crossed.

Peter

Jacqui,

Thanks for starting your "live from" thread.

I'm onboard Prinsendam for the first segment, disembarking in Dover to spend three weeks with friends in London.

I'll try to add some of my experiences to your thread while onboard.

I'll be in Fort Lauderdale next Thursday (May 3) and look forward to meeting you and everybody else.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. So glad you will be joining in. :D

Looking forward to meeting you SOON! :D:D

We fly to Miami on May 4. Unfortunately it looks like Air France will be on strike May 3 4 7 and 8 but nobody can tell how many/which flights will be cancelled. Coming Monday our TA will be looking for alternative flights with either Delta and KLM since they belong to Skyteam which means flying from Amsterdam to either Atlanta or JFK. Keep fingers crossed.

Peter

Oh shoot Peter :eek::(

I so hope your scheduled flight goes. So glad your TA is being proactive ;)

My fingers and toes are crossed for you two (yn).

Well be on board for the first two weeks, too. Then visits in England with relatives for a week or so. We'll be missing a beautiful time of year here in Victoria, but the cruise was the perfect way to cross the Atlantic, and is a little more southerly route than NY to Southampton, as we have done a few times on Cunard.

We leave here on Wednesday, with one night in Toronto and then two in Fort Lauderdale. I'm not packed, either, and have to have a "trying-on" session to see what fits, after a winter of vegetating!

Looking forward to meeting up with all our very interesting roll call!:D

Well be on board for the first two weeks, too. Then visits in England with relatives for a week or so. We'll be missing a beautiful time of year here in Victoria, but the cruise was the perfect way to cross the Atlantic, and is a little more southerly route than NY to Southampton, as we have done a few times on Cunard.

We leave here on Wednesday, with one night in Toronto and then two in Fort Lauderdale. I'm not packed, either, and have to have a "trying-on" session to see what fits, after a winter of vegetating!

Looking forward to meeting up with all our very interesting roll call!:D

LOL Ann,

Glad to hear I am not the only one doing a "trying on" session. Winter can take a toll. :(

See you in FLL next Thursday :D