Luggage Service?

Cometman

I just received a tweet from Windstar that says, “Have your luggage picked up at your home and delivered to the ship. And then delivered home when you get home. “

Interesting service. Has anyone ever tried that?

I wonder what the cost is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just sent suitcases via Luggage Forward for the first time. Yes it is expensive but my wife and I struggle to lift luggage off the carousel and to be able to wiz straight out of the airport after passport control will be a bonus.

A few years ago we spent ten days in Germany, followed by a train trip to Amsterdam and a cruise from there to NYC. Because of the varying dress ashore and on the cruise, we needed to take three rather large (not massive) roller bags. We could barely manage two bags on the trains, so we shipped the third with Luggage Forward. Fed Ex picked up the third bag at our home before we left the USA, and it was sitting on the bed in our stateroom when we boarded the ship. The price was $250, worth every penny, IMHO. We do not do this routinely, and have not used the service before or since. In this case, it was very helpful.

If you have any lifting issues (shoulder/back) it might be a really worthwhile service. As we age, I keep looking at more services that make travel easier so we can continue to have wonderful adventures.

Years ago, I developed a 'frozen shoulder' a week before a big cruise with friends and family. The doc told me that if cortisone shots don't work, I should cancel my trip. That was not going to happen! Figured we would rely heavily on baggage porters etc. but this service would have been perfect. Luckily the shot worked and I was good to go!