‘norway’s famous fjords’

Magnum60

Might squeeze the trigger on this cruise for late summer. My wife is not a fan of rough seas and when I showed her the Windstar provided map of the route (which skirts the Norwegian coast) her apprehension of a lumpy ride was plainly visible. I showed her that most of this trip looks to be sheltered from potentially angry seas. Anyone done this cruise? We're not new to the 'Windstar Yachts' having sailed on them many times under both Seaborne and Windstar flags - but her trepidation of splashing around in the North Sea needs smoothing. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

We did the Lands of the Midnight Sun three years ago. The fjords were glassy smooth like a lake and breathtaking. There was a bit of a roll during the transit from Bergen to Copenhagen, but it was not bad. I would say that your two sea days will definitely be rougher than the fjords, but it is totally unpredictable. Enjoy!

My schedule just changed and the time to do this cruise will have seasonally expired when I'm free. Thanks for your reply. Looks like we're going to book the 'Spanish Serenade' (Barcelona to Lisbon) in October instead. My wife likes the Med and has never had to deal with rough weather while cruising on it. For this year Norway goes to the back burner.

As a foot note - it can get pretty feisty on the Med when it wants to play rough with marine traffic - but I'll keep that under my hat so she can enjoy the trip and not worry about the possibility of motion sickness.

My wife has found a holistic remedy that seems to work as well as little pills, wrist bands and salt crackers. It's readily available with or without the Beverage Plan at the Star Bar and is called - Pinot Grigio!

Like all OTC remedies there can be side effects. The number one potential side effect of the "PG" remedy is that if it's abused, especially in sea conditions less than force 5, some cruise guests have been known to stumble a bit on non moving decks.

I'll add that my wife is fortunately immune to all of this medications side effects and that she always remains a model passenger.