Summit Bermuda Cruise

tonyd285

We were on the Summit last week sailing to and from Bermuda, returning on Sunday. I thought I would provide some insight into the good and bad relating to our cruise experience. The ship is in very good condition despite its age. Our Aqua Class cabin, 9094, was clean and showed little sign of wear and tear. Our cabin attendant, Gerardo, was efficient, friendly and responsive. The food quality and service in Blu was impeccable with one exception - do not order the duck. Our waiter, Yaser, who we have enjoyed on previous cruises on the Mercury and Equinox, was his usual personable, friendly and considerate server. If you sit with him listen to his recommendations. He will always tell you which is the best dish every evening. He did not recommend the duck but we ordered it anyway, our mistake.

The not so good - the ships water was of poor quality, heavily chlorinated and sometimes a little brackish. It gave me some digestive problems. After the first two days I switched to bottled water and had no more issues. We only went to a few of the shows. The comedians were okay and the pianist was great. I found the Cruise Director, Patrick, to be superficial and he came across as a phony in my view. We did miss Captain Kate from a previous Summit cruise. I understand she is now on the Equinox, a well deserved promotion.

Overall, we had a good time and will continue to recommend cruising on the the Summit.

I know Patrick from prior cruises. He may seem phony, but he really isn’t. It’s just his personality. He remembered my mom and I from a past cruise and gave us a shout out on the morning show. My mom loved it. Anyway, everyone has different experiences and opinions. And that’s what makes this board great. Looking forward to my trip on the Summit on May 27!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the June17 sailing. When I log in to manage my reservation should I see posted somewhere that we have the Classic Drink Package? I do not see it indicated anywhere. I want to be sure they have it right.

Thanks.

We are on the June17 sailing. When I log in to manage my reservation should I see posted somewhere that we have the Classic Drink Package? I do not see it indicated anywhere. I want to be sure they have it right.

Thanks.

I never see our drink package on line and I don't see our tips either until we got our cruise documents and it indicated pre-paid gratuities. Do you have an invoice showing Classic Drink package listed with your perks?

We had the "Go Best" package. Didn't see it on any of our documents but our travel agent assured us we would not have a problem. When we signed in at the port the agent showed us the notation on our passkey. No problems whatsoever. We did have a problem spending the OBC (our travel agent added to it). Brought home more booze than usual on a cruise because the shops on board had little to offer. Be sure to take advantage of the drink package for bottled water, Evian for still and San Pelligrino for frizzante, as well as your alcohol beverages.

Thanks for the quick responses. I do have an invoice that shows the drink package. It sounds like everything will be good to go based on your responses. Cheers!

Yes, just bring the invoice with you because you never know. But personally we have never had a problem. It will be printed on your seapass card.

Concerning the bus and ferry service - we didn't use the bus service but did use the ferry to go to Hamilton. The first day, shortly after disembarking the lines for the ferry for awful. After that not bad at all. The service was about every 45 minutes. The schedule for both bus and ferry is posted next to the ferry terminal.

Concerning the bus and ferry service - we didn't use the bus service but did use the ferry to go to Hamilton. The first day, shortly after disembarking the lines for the ferry for awful. After that not bad at all. The service was about every 45 minutes. The schedule for both bus and ferry is posted next to the ferry terminal.

Glad to hear! The reports of bus and ferry slow downs had me a bit concerned.

Glad to hear! The reports of bus and ferry slow downs had me a bit concerned.

You can also use Twizys (2 person, 4 wheeled electric rentals) or if you use taxis there’s an app called Hitch that lets you call them like Uber and pay for them via credit card on the app (saves you from carrying a lot of cash).

I agree with the water comment... we did the repo (San Juan to NJ) and noticed the water tasted awful. If you use too much ice in a drink you may taste it as well. This was the first time I haven't liked the water on a ship!

I agree with the water comment... we did the repo (San Juan to NJ) and noticed the water tasted awful. If you use too much ice in a drink you may taste it as well. This was the first time I haven't liked the water on a ship!

Yikes, we sail on Sunday. I hope it's still not a problem. They are being inspected Sunday morning and told us boarding will be delayed as they can't start the process until the inspection is over.

The Maitre D' on our sailing (last Week) was Tanya. She was great, friendly and a very hard worker. Loved how she pitched in with the staff when the room was busy. Try to sit with the waiter Yaser, you will love him.

The Maitre D' on our sailing (last Week) was Tanya. She was great, friendly and a very hard worker. Loved how she pitched in with the staff when the room was busy. Try to sit with the waiter Yaser, you will love him.

Yes,she was also very friendly. The water was fine til we got to Bermuda and then I thought it had a funny taste til the end of the cruise. I started ordering bottled water from Bermuda til we got back to NJ.

Laura

Yes! Same sailing and I couldn’t get the water past my nose. The musty smell was nauseating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A quick easy question - is the Revelations Lounge on deck 11 open for Sail-Away (and serving drinks)? It looks as though we will have rain when we leave this Sunday from Bayonne:confused:

Yes, it is. We usually like to sail away at the Sunset Bar on Deck 10 aft of the oceanview cafe. Maybe the weather will clear up by the time you sail.